FINANCE & ADMINISTRATION OFFICER – PART TIME
WHO WE ARE
Action Network for the Disabled (ANDY) is a National Disabled Persons Organization (DPO) working at all levels of community with the involvement of persons with disabilities to bring about positive change. We were founded by and for children and youth with disabilities in Kenya.
ANDY is dedicated to achieve equality, inclusion, and empowerment of children and youth with disabilities in Kenya through main streaming this group into all aspects of daily life. ANDY is a unique initiative that provides an inspiring environment for people with different types of disabilities and people without disabilities to work together.
ABOUT THE PROJECT
This project will improve access to quality inclusive Early Childhood Education (ECE) for Children with Disabilities (CwD) aged 4-6 years in Dagoretti and Kasarani Constituencies within Nairobi, Kenya through developing effective early identification systems, capacity building of duty-bearers and ministries responsible for Early childhood Development and the design of an innovative Inclusive Play Programme to sustainably and holistically address barriers to their inclusion.
The overarching change expected of this project is improved access to quality ECE for CwD in Kenya using inclusive play as an early entry point and strategy for identification and inclusion. By improving CwD learning outcomes in ECE and building a solid basis for their future educational and employment prospects, the project will help break the cycle of poverty faced by CwD through its multifaceted approach.
The position entails providing financial and administration support to the project with assistance from the project coordinator and AbleChildAfrica our UK partner in the project.
FINANCE & ADMINISTRATION OFFICER – PART TIME
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure all financial activities comply and are consistent with ANDY’s policies and procedures, international accounting and auditing standards and adhere to the terms and conditions of donor agreements.
- Manage a sound cash management system and ensure sufficient funds are available in the office petty cash fund.
- Compile all cash payment requests, for employees and consultants, for authorization and payment approval. Follow up accountability of expense and reimbursement claims.
- Ensure time sheets for the field office staff are filled and signed and that these correspond to the time worked.
- Ensure all consultants’ time sheets are filled and signed and that the fee invoiced corresponds to the time worked.
- Verify the accuracy, validity and legitimacy of all procurement and creditors payments. Check completeness of all financial documents (purchase requests, invoices, vouchers, etc.) for payment from ANDY.
- Keep and maintain all project accounting records in soft as well as hard form.
- Responsible to maintain cash book, ledgers and trial balance for project office.
- Maintain accurate and complete daily financial transactions records and supporting documents system, duly electronically filed and labelled for quick access.
- Prepare monthly cash reconciliations and weekly cash count reports. Ensure clear audit trail of processed transactions and their linkage to the accounting system.
- Management of project cash flow and preparation of monthly cash flow projections for the field office
QUALITIES AND EXPERIENCE SOUGHT
· Bachelors of commerce degree in finance, accounting or related business field .
· Minimum 3 years of experience in accounting, financial, and budget management, in similar position within development cooperation and/or international cooperation. Must also demonstrate substantial experience in an existing similar role.
· Experience from working with donors on financial policies and guidelines, grants management and maintaining ledgers and cash / bank reconciliations is an asset.
· Must be highly result-oriented, self-motivated, honest and have demonstrable analytical skills.
· Must be able to work independently, prioritize assignments, manage own time to meet deadlines, have positive attitude, pay attention to detail and handle work pressure.
· Excellent computer skills with proficiency in MS office (especially excel) and quick books accounting package.
· Excellent interpersonal, organizational, leadership and communication skills. Able to thrive in a multi-cultural environment and a growing organization and ability to work as part of a team.
· Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, dedication to the mission and vision of the organization and adheres to strong ethical professional values.
CONDITIONS OF ASSIGNMENT
A part-time position with a starting date of January 1st, 2020
Office location: Nairobi (Dagoretti Constituency)