Finance and Administration Director at Marble Microinsurance
Blue Marble aims to provide socially impactful, commercially viable insurance protection to the underserved. Blue Marble incubates and implements microinsurance solutions that support the economic advancement of underserved populations. Our unique business model brings together eight multinational insurance entities that provide governance, talent and risk capacity.
The Finance and Administration Director will report to the CEO and manage all aspects of Blue Marble’s financial & management accounting, tax filing, reporting and treasury operations as well as support communications, strategy, and HR. The role will evolve over time, and as in any start up, being proactive and a self-starter is necessary.
Blue Marble team members are based around the world and extensively use digital tools to collaborate virtually. The location is flexible though proximity to the Swiss-based CEO will be an advantage. Applicants must have prior work authorization for where they will be based. The intended start date is 15 May 2020.
Main finance responsibilities
- Prepare and file taxes, legal and regulatory documents
- Respond to ad hoc owner company questions on reconciliation, reporting and tax
- Ensure all filings are in accordance with relevant accounting standards (GAAP and IFRS)
- Monitor compliance with applicable laws and regulations
- Assist the CEO in revenue forecasting, reconciliation and budgeting
- Monitor Blue Marble’s liquidity and capital positions
- Perform treasury and cash management operations, including managing bank account(s), payroll, employee taxes, consultant invoices, expense reimbursements and payments
- Maintain General Ledger and prepare management accounting reports as needed
- Own and manage relationships with tax and audit services providers
- Ensure all transactions are processed accurately and in a timely manner
- Assist CEO and Board in capital raising
- Contribute to Blue Marble strategy setting
Main administration responsibilities
- Contribute to communications & marketing, maintain web site and social media accounts
- Orchestrate and write grant applications, and help manage Board communications
- Assist in the setting up of new legal entities
- Oversee HR including hiring, compensation, onboarding, exits and benefits
- Arrange and monitor necessary insurance to run the business
- Support regional heads on logistics, equipment, document filing and software subscriptions
Qualifications and skills
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance; CPA or CFA an advantage
- Knowledge of GAAP and IFRS accounting standards
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a finance and accounting role
- Proficiency with accounting software and excellent spreadsheet skills
- Versatility and self-direction required for a dynamic startup environment
- Excellent communication, writing and interpersonal skills
- Experience in developing markets and passion for financial inclusion an advantage
The post Finance and Administration Director at Marble Microinsurance appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – https://jobcenterkenya.com/.