Finance Officer – AA
Diakonie Emergency Aid (DKH) Regional Office, Nairobi seek to recruit a suitable candidate to fill the Finance Officer position for the AA Project, Multi-sectoral and integrated humanitarian response with focus on food security and livelihood for conflict and climatic shocks affected vulnerable people and communities in Somalia, South Sudan and Ethiopia funded by the German Federal Foreign Office (GFFO, German abbreviation AA)
Reports to: Project Coordinator AA and the Regional Finance Controller
Tasks of this position (amongst others)
· Monitor the overall project budget and ensure that donor guidelines on spending are strictly adhered to
· Produce monthly-consolidated financial reports on the same by using the partner’s/country financial reports to generate a combined monthly budget/income vs actual reports for the whole project in line with donor agreement and DKH policies.
· Identify discrepancies between financial and programme progress and advice Project Coordinator AA and DKH country offices accordingly.
· Generate on half-yearly basis interim financial reporting including preparation of the annexes e.g. project assets list (with support of Logistic Coordinator) and personnel based on partners’ reports for onward delivery to HO through the Project Coordinator AA.
· Generate final financial reporting including annexes based on partners’ reports for onward delivery to HO through the Project Coordinator AA and assist country offices on project-end process preparing.
· Coordinate with country office structure and assist PC in facilitating and preparing for external audits.
· Coordinate liquidity planning for the whole project and generate periodic funds requests for submission to Head Office based on fund requests of implementing parties.
· Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting and compliance of implementing partners with donor regulations such as procurement guidelines and thresholds
· Initiate periodic spot checks in coordination with Project Coordinator AA, Regional Finance Controller and country offices to review and verify vouchers and supporting documents and to verify whether programmatic milestones and financial spending is compliant with donor requirements.
· Perform preliminary review of documents from suppliers and other parties before payment processing.
· Verify that the project transactions of partners are booked correctly
· Train partners’ staff on the detailed AA financial guidelines and requirements in order to implement activities and execute budgets accordingly.
· Bachelor degree in accounting, Economics or business-related degree.
· CPA/ACCA qualification is an added advantage.
· Lower academic qualifications can be considered if applicant has at least 5 years’ relevant experience in Finance and donor reporting.
· Minimum three years’ relevant experience in implementation of emergency aid projects with an international NGO/agency and in the context of complex crisis or a significantly relevant specialization in aspects accounting and donor reporting.
· Fluent written and spoken business English is mandatory.
· Computer literate with significant experience in Microsoft Office and proficiency in MS Excel
· Significant experience with QuickBooks and/or other accounting software.
· Knowledge of German bilateral donors (AA, BMZ) and ability to read and understand donor regulations is required;
· Knowledge of regulations of the major international donors is an added value (UN agencies, CHF, ECHO, USAID, DFID, etc.)
· Knowledge of cash transfer programming including practical experiences in implementation or management of CTP activities is a strong advantage
· Experience in audit preparation and/or execution is desirable.
· Possession of capacity building skills is an added advantage.
· Previous work experience in a hostile environment and certified attendance of a personal security course (HEIST, HEAT, etc.) is an added advantage
· Experience working with partners and in consortia is an advantage
How to apply
Diakonie Emergency Aid is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on any basis. Qualified Female and other minority candidates will be preferred.
The position is open for internal and external applications. If you are interested in applying for this position please submit your CV and motivation letter to [email protected] latest by Sunday, 19th September 2021.
Indicating “Finance Officer-AA” in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.