Finance Officer at Maasai Mara University
Maasai Mara University is a public university which is the only university in Narok County, Kenya. The university provides high-class quality education for all.
Salary Grade 15
Basic Salary: Ksh.170,715/=
Salary Progression: Kshs.170,681 x 5483 – 181,649 x 5486 – 192,623 x 5490 – 203,605 x 9044 – 221,700 x 9,059 – 239,826 x 9,072 – 248,898 p.a.
House Allowance: Ksh.73,715/
REF: MMU/FO/01/2021 FINANCE OFFICER – GRADE 15
For appointment to this position the applicant must:
- Be a holder of a Master’s Degree in Finance or related degree from a recognized University;
- Be a holder of Professional qualification in CPA(K), ACCA and/or ACA
- Be registered with ICPAK or an equivalent Accounting body
- Have at least eight (8) years relevant work experience and must have served for at least three (3) years as Deputy Finance Officer/Chief Accountant or equivalent
- Must have practical knowledge in ICT and good understanding of ERP and other MIS
- Have entrepreneurial and innovative approach to business and business solutions
- Have highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results
- Has shown unquestionable integrity
- Possession of a PhD Degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage.
- Meet requirements of Chapter six of the Constitution.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for review, planning, coordination, design and implementation of accounting services and systems
- Responsible for effective coordination and implementation of all financial policies
- Responsible for the compliance and adherence to International Financial Reporting Standards(IFRS)
- Advise University Management/Council on all financial matters
- Liaise with Government and other agencies on all University financial matters
- Responsible for preparation and submission of end of year financial statements and accounts to University Council and Kenya National Audit
- Ensure the maintenance of effective accounting systems in the University in line the Generally Acceptable Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Formulation and implementation of departmental strategic plan
- Ensure compliance with all relevant laws of financial matters
- Responsible for submission of the University budget to University Council and Government
- Responsible for development and implementation of Departmental Strategic Plan
- Supervision and development of staff in the department.
- Timely and accurate preparation of annual reports and financial statements and quarterly management reports in compliance with International Public Sector Accounting Standards, Public Finance Management Act 2012, Public Finance Management Regulations 2015, other relevant circulars and generally accepted Accounting Principles.
- Annually, prepare the University-wide annual estimates of revenue and expenditure in compliance with Public Finance Management 2012.
- Advice ways of raising additional internal and external revenue for the University and ensure such revenue is timely recognized in the books of accounts.
- Co-ordinate both internal and external audit exercises by ensuring timely and correct availability of audit schedules.
- Drive strict implementation of students’ fees payment policy so as to ensure that all fees due is collected and correctly captured in a timely manner.
- Ensure integration of bank accounts with the ERP system.
- Carry out efficient Treasury Management of the University by ensuring real time update of the cash book, sufficient funds in bank before payment process, daily
- banking of all receipts and placements in short term deposits of any excess funds.
- Ensure tax compliance and all statutory deductions and other payroll deductions are remitted in a timely manner to minimize exposure of the University.
- Check the University payroll especially staff in payroll against head count, earnings in line with specific grades, allowances paid having been duly authorized, deductions to be properly supported and in compliance with applicable laws, circulars and
- • Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
The post Finance Officer at Maasai Mara University appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.