Financing Analyst at First Community Bank
First Community Bank is the first fully fledged Sharia’h compliant bank to be approved by the Central Bank of Kenya (CBK) offering banking services on a complete Sharia’h system.
The overall objective of the analysts is to ensure that the financing proposals are complete, correct and consistent with Bank’s established policies/procedures and are within the Shari’a and CBK prudential guidelines.
- Ensuring that the financing proposals are complete, correct and consistent with Bank’s established policies/procedures and are within the Shari’a guidelines and CBK prudential guidelines.
- Preparation of required statutory reports (CBK & CRB) and other reports as may be required by the bank’s management.
- Supporting business units with on time responses and ensuring set TAT are achieved and maintained;
- Instituting and overseeing the timely disbursement of facilities while ensuring adequate controls.
- Scrutiny of all required docs for the facility i.e. Check for :
- Customer’s application letter and required documents
- KYC documents e.g national ID, Pin etc
- Maintain record and track of the facility applications.
- Verify and prepare post LOO functions.
- Conducting competitor analysis and research to ensure continued market competitiveness and relevance of the bank.
- Keeping the relationship of branch financing officers abreast of the key financing issues/changes so as to improve relationship management.
- Supporting business units branch disbursement bookings on time responses and ensuring set TAT are achieved and maintained
- Maintaining a high quality of the assigned financing portfolio and the entire asset book with proper risk evaluation, proposition of timely corrective action to secure Bank’s interest.
- Timely tracking and follow ups of Facility proposals emanating from the business units for next level of approval within the agreed turnaround times.
- Undertaking other tasks as assigned from time to time by Head of Financing, immediate supervisors and other Management Team of the bank.
- Hold a Bachelors Degree in Business, Accounts related, Administration or related field. Masters degree an added advantage.
- Diploma in Banking and/or Professional Banking/CPA (K) qualifications a plus.
- Have a minimum of Five (5) years relevant work experience, with proven result oriented track record.
- Have strong customer service orientation/experience.
- Experience in Business development and banking operations
Competencies & Attributes:
- A thorough understanding of the Bank’s financing policy and CBK prudential guidelines.
- Interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with and manage expectations of customers and other stake holders.
- Analytical skills, understanding and interpretation of facilities as structured and options available in the process of structuring plans for turning around non-performing loans.
- Knowledge and effective application of all relevant banking policies, processes, procedures and guidance to consistently achieve required compliance standards or benchmarks.
- Planning and organizing skills for effective planning and execution of tasks and deliverables within timeframes and budget.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills for effective relationships with different stakeholders;
- Quality orientation to ensure consistency in adhering and uphold performance standards for Service Level.
- Agreements and quality of documentation.
- Self-empowerment to enable development of open communication, teamwork and trust that are needed to support performance and customer-service oriented culture.
The post Financing Analyst at First Community Bank appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – https://jobcenterkenya.com/.