Food & Beverage Production Instructor at Rafiki wa Maendeleo Trust
WHO WE ARE Rafiki wa Maendeleo Trust is a charitable organization working in the rural area of Rarieda sub-County in Siaya County, Kenya. Our vision is people believing in themselves and working together to build a vibrant and progressive community.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Train and provide high quality, relevant learning opportunities which enable students to be competitive and marketable in their relevant industry. To prepare the students for formal examinations/trade test.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide quality efficient teaching in required subject areas using available resources.
- Develop necessary content for teaching based on the existing syllabus and course specification.
- Satisfy the administrative requirements of the Training Center and examining/validating bodies.
- Ensure that all marking, assessments and moderations are complete.
- Liaise with other staff as appropriate to ensure that work is fully and effectively covered.
- Encourage and promote the process of student learning.
- Keep and file daily accurate up to date registers of classes taught of learner attendances and marks.
Economic Mentoring to Students
- Train and mentor students to acquire skills in developing items for sale and ensure self-sufficiency.
- Facilitate students to meet production deadlines and relevant targets.
- Train the students on how to deal with possible clients so as to enable them have competitive advantage.
- Train the students on how to determine prices of their finished products to enable them engage in profitable ventures out of the acquired skills.
- Train the students on the possible ways of marketing their skills.
Maintenance of Equipment
- Implement basic procedures that are geared towards ensuring better security of inputs.
- Carry out regular maintenance of equipment and assets i.e. oiling of the machines
- Request inputs from the inventory (and procurement) and allocate them to students for use.
- Report any damage caused and repairs needed in class and respective equipment.
- Lock and open the class (workshop) in the morning and evening.
- Provide recommendations that can improve security of the class and RWMT equipment.
- Spearhead production ventures of the organization with the help of students and casuals where necessary as per the set timelines.
- Supervise casuals and students work in regards to production.
- Ensure that the final products are of good quality so as to maintain satisfaction of RWMT clients.
- Take part in wage preparation of the casual staff engaged in production.
- Take part in conducting interviews for the casuals and staff in incumbent’s area of expertise.
- Provide quality and timely delivery of production and training reports in their agreed format and deadlines to facilitate follow-up and improvement of the work.
- Maintain follow-up system to ensure efficient processes of production and training activities.
- Actively maintain the internal referral system to ensure beneficiaries are provided with maximum support from the organization’s various expertise.
- Advice the Principal on material and equipment needs, for existing and proposed courses and produce requisitions as required.
- Assist with student interviews and course enrolments.
- Work within the team to market the Training Center.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
(The knowledge, skills and abilities may be required through a combination of formal schooling, self-education and prior experience or on-the-job-training).
Level of education:
At least an Advanced Diploma in Food & Beverage Production and Catering Service or Catering and Accommodation or equivalent from a reputable Polytechnic or/and Technical Institutions. A Grade 1 Trade Test Certification in the area of specialization will be an added advantage.
Specialized Training/Professional Qualifications
- Food and Beverage Production and Service
- Sales and Marketing
- Certificate in Computer Studies
- Must possess good facilitation/training skills.
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to build harmonious relationships with students.
- Must have developed good intercultural orientation and strong public relations skills.
- Must have registered with TVET
- Must have a Technical Teacher Training Certificate
At least two (2) years relevant experience in a similar position.
The post Food & Beverage Production Instructor at Rafiki wa Maendeleo Trust appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – https://jobcenterkenya.com/.