Food Coordinator | ReliefWeb
WE is a movement that believes when we come together we can create an even better world. WE makes it easy for you to get involved – whether at home, school or work – by offering resources to help you create positive social change in your community and around the world.
Through WE Charity initiatives, WE empowers communities to lift themselves out of poverty through our holistic, sustainable international development model, WE Villages.
In Canada, the US, and the UK, WE Day and WE Schools are initiatives of WE Charity that educate and empower young people. WE Schools is a year long educational program that nurtures compassion in students and gives them the tools to create transformative social change. WE Day is a series of stadium-sized events that celebrate youth making a difference in their local and global communities.
ME to WE is an innovative social enterprise that provides people with better choices for a better world. We offer socially conscious and environmentally friendly products as well as lifechanging experiences. ME to WE measures the bottom line not by dollars earned, but by the number of lives changed and the positive social and environmental impact made. Half of ME to WE’s net profit is donated to WE Charity. The other half is reinvested to grow the enterprise and its social mission.
WE is looking for a Food Coordinator (2 posts).
The positions will be based in Narok County, Kenya
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the Food Pillar Team to help design and implement trainings based on the agriculture needs within the community
- Be a part of the team to ensure our trainings are aligned with the needs of the community
- Help support the creation, growth and sustainability of all Collective Farms
- Increase farm productivity based on best practices
- Help distribute and be an advocate for tree planting across the communities that we serve
- Help support with food/nutritional program disbursement at the primary school level and ensure proper utilization of resources
- Help compile and submit weekly and monthly reports on activities that have been performed in a particular month to your supervisor
- Be an ambassador for the values of the organization at all times
Minimum Skills and Qualifications Required
- 3+years’ experience in the execution of Agriculture programs/ Training
- Degree/diploma in Agriculture
- Experience in project management a plus
- Ability to ride a motorcycle
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work well with diverse teams
- Analytical skills and ability to use systems for analysis and evaluation A good team player with excellent communication skills