Full Stack Developer Jobs, Latest IT Jobs In Kenya,
Position: Full Stack Developer
Sproutfy Learning is changing how schools operate their day to day; our goal is to make schools more efficient, transparent and accountable so that they can focus on their core mission of providing a quality education. We want to ensure that each student achieves their true potential. We currently have 5,000 users onboard and growing. Sproutfy is a software-as-a-service education management application that automates schools learning and administrative functions. The system consists of three applications – a school app, a teacher app and a parent app. Each user can access the application on android, iOS and web.
We’re looking for a full stack developer that is proficient in both back end and front end coding who strives to develop a product that will continually improve education standards. We need someone comfortable navigating a new system whose writing skills are just as well honed as their technical skills; If you’re someone who can wear multiple hats, we want you.
We need you to set the bar high and not only achieve that goal yourself – but bring others along with you. You must get the “big” picture and want to contribute accordingly – and that’s why you’ll have all the opportunity for career growth within our company.
- Manage the transition and hand-over of software developed by an outsourced team to full in-house development. The software stack includes backend code, web app and mobile app
- Create handover code documentation including user support, quality assurance and all other technical documentations
- Assess and audit the current code base and provide a management report
- Maintain and develop the code and database
- Project management; set timelines for evaluation, development, and deployment of all technical, web, and mobile services
- Develop and implement quality assurance processes
- Create and manage test acceptance criteria
- Design and develop APIs
- Conduct unit testing using automated unit test frameworks.
- Identify risks and conducte mitigation action plans
- Conduct configuration of your own work.
- Review the work of other developers and provide feedback.
- Use coding standards and best practices to ensure quality.
- Following secure coding practices
- 2-5 years experience in software development
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science, or related field; Master’s degree in information technology or a technology-related discipline preferred
- Exceptional analytical and time-management skills
- Results oriented and able to work both independently and within a team environment
- Demonstrate ability to learn new things quickly
- Proficiency with any of back-end languages e.g node, python, php, java, etc. preference for node js
- Knowledge of database technologies such as mysql, mongoDB
- Proficiency with mobile development (Android or iOS)
- Familiarity with AWS, Azure, or other cloud-based infrastructure is a plus
- Familiarity with technology operations to assist with server maintenance e.g. capacity, uptime management, etc
- Organization and project management skills
- Proficient in software and applicable applications security
- Familiar with regulatory/compliance requirements as it relates to software development
- Strong analytical skills
- Good communication skills
How to apply
Female Candidates strongly encouraged to apply
Email your CV and Cover Letter to [email protected]