Garment Making Instructor at Rafiki wa Maendeleo Trust
WHO WE ARE Rafiki wa Maendeleo Trust is a charitable organization working in the rural area of Rarieda sub-County in Siaya County, Kenya. Our vision is people believing in themselves and working together to build a vibrant and progressive community
Train students in specific technical skills area and prepare them for formal examinations/trade test.
- Enrich the existing Curriculum to include emerging trends in the Dressmaking/TailoringIndustry.
- Develop lesson plans for training.
- Take part in recruitment process of the new students.
- Provide counseling to the students, address their disciplinary issues and assist in Conflict Resolution among them.
- Prepare the students for their final examination and facilitate internal examinations.
- Accompany the class to the examination center.
- Ensure all qualified students are registered for the exams.
- Ensure all qualified students pay their contributions to the exams.
- Ensure RWMT values and principles are communicated to the students and their caregivers.
- Ensure RWMT Training and Resource Center rules and regulations are clearly communicated to the students.
- Ensure the students participate in all other related RWMT activities including other projects.
- Keeping database of students.
- Keeping database of Personal details and relevant documents of the students.
- Filing of the family profiles and making sure the right students as per the RWMT criteria are the ones attending class.
- Keeping daily attendance registers for the students.
- Keeping (filing) examination records.
- Preparing and collecting monitoring and evaluation data.
- Preparing and filing monitoring and evaluation reports for class.
- Ensure students are aware of and pay their fees to RWMT Finance department fully and timely.
Economic Mentoring to Students
- Train and mentor students to acquire skills in developing items for sale and ensure self-sufficiency.
- Facilitate students to meet production deadlines and relevant targets.
- Train the students on how to deal with possible clients so as to enable them have competitive advantage.
- Train the students on how to determine prices of their finished products to enable them engage in profitable ventures out of the acquired skills.
- Train the students on the possible ways of marketing their skills as well as their finished products.
Maintenance of Equipment
- Implementation of RWMT policies that are geared towards ensuring better security of inputs.
- Regular maintenance of equipment and assets i.e. oiling of the machines
- Requesting inputs from the inventory (and procurement) and allocating the same to students for use.
- Reporting any damage caused and repairs needed in class and respective equipment.
- Locking and opening the room (workshop) in the morning and evening.
- Providing recommendations that can improve security of the class and RWMT equipment.
- Assist in general repair and maintenance on areas that are relevant to the incumbents’ expertise whenever called to.
- Advise the organization promptly on different areas that are related to the incumbents’ field.
- Come up with products for the organizations use whenever called to.
- Assist in Tailoring and dressmaking production ventures of the organization whenever called to.
- Assist in supervision of casuals and students work with regards to production.
- Ensure that the final products are of good quality so as to maintain satisfaction of RWMT clients.
- Take part in wage preparation of the casual staff engaged in Tailoring and dressmaking production.
- Assist in conducting interviews for Tailoring and dressmaking casuals and/or staff.
- Provide quality and timely delivery of production and training reports in their agreed format and deadlines to facilitate follow-up and improvement of the work.
- Maintain follow-up system to ensure efficient processes of production and training activities.
- Maintain and keep up to date and accurate production and training records and reports of activities and beneficiaries according to the organization’s M&E and reporting requirements.
- Actively maintain the internal referral system to ensure beneficiaries are provided with maximum support from the organization’s various expertise.
- At least a Diploma in the area of technical skills training from a reputable Polytechnic or/and Technical Institutions.
- A Grade 1 Trade Test Certification in the area of specialization will be an added advantage.
- Tailoring and dressmaking
- Sales and Marketing
- Certificate in Computer Studies
- Must possess good facilitation/training skills.
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to build harmonious relationships with students.
- Must have developed good intercultural orientation and strong public relations skills.
- Must have registered with TVET
- Must have a Technical Teacher Training Certificate
- At least two (2) years relevant experience in a similar position.
The post Garment Making Instructor at Rafiki wa Maendeleo Trust appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – https://jobcenterkenya.com/.