General Manager Job In Nairobi
General Manager Jobs, Administration Jobs, Jobs In Nairobi
Our client, Majani Insurance Brokers Ltd is a leading independent insurance broker catering for both businesses and private clients. Majani was established in 1976 as an insurance agency, and later converted to an insurance broker due to growing demand for its products. Majani Insurance Brokers Ltd is well placed to provide the excellent level of service you would expect from an Insurance Broker with over 35 years’ experience. Majani is seeking to recruit a result oriented person to fill a position of General Manager.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the purpose of the job is to provide overall management and strategic direction towards achievement of the organisation’s objectives.
- Provide necessary linkage/interface between the Board and the management of the company
- Provide guidance, leadership, and direction to the Senior Management Team in order to facilitate the achievement of Company’s Vision, Mission and Values.
- Initiate, development of the Company strategic plans business plans and facilitate the implementation and monitoring of the same in liaison with the Board.
- Provide leadership and direction to all departments by setting high-level goals with departmental heads, performance oriented objectives and working together on attaining such goals by closely monitoring the operations and ensure adherence to established code of conduct.
- Establish and maintain an effective system of communications throughout Majani to ensure that the responsibilities, authorities, and accountabilities of the entire workforce are clearly defined and understood.
- Abide by the current laws and organizational policies and procedures designed and implemented to promote an environment which is free of harassment and other forms of illegal discriminatory behaviour in the work place.
- Coordinate the new business acquisition process, from quotation to closure to retention/renewals.
- Ensure that the insurance brokerage firm attains all Legal and Regulatory compliance.
- Ensure the formulation and implementation of the customer service delivery strategies.
- Keep abreast of industry developments through market & business research.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Administration, Finance or related field
- Master’s Degree Business Administration or business related field is an added advantage
- A minimum of fifteen (15) years of related work experience
- Postgraduate Diploma in Insurance
- Must be a member of ACII or AIIK
- Must demonstrate high level of integrity
- Must have demonstrated ability to handle departmental budgets, resources, processes, projects and relationships
- Must be capable of functioning effectively both as a team player and a team leader
- Must have strategic leadership skills with ability to build strategic relationships
- Should have thorough knowledge of the relevant industry/sector as well as knowledge of regulatory requirements affecting the relevant sector
- Must have knowledge in use of MS office packages
How To Apply
- Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 19th August 2019
- Ensure that you indicate your current or past monthly salary in your application (This is a mandatory requirement)
- Only apply directly to the email address highlighted in bullet 1 above. Do NOT apply using the online button
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted