General Manager Jobs, Other Professions, Rama Homes Jobs,
We are an upcoming E-commerce platform in the FMCG space, seeking to engage a dynamic individual for General Manager to join our team in transforming the FMCG, E-Commerce space.
Based in Nairobi and reporting to the Managing Director, the overall responsibility is to develop and implement effective business strategies and programs for each business unit.
The General Manager will be responsible for providing effective strategic leadership and direction to the management team with a view to effectively realizing the mandate of the organization.
- Oversight and supervision of all departments within the prganisation.
- Providing leadership and vision to the organization through the development of long term and annual plans.
- Overseeing the formulation and evaluation of the long range and annual business plans to ensure they are effective in enabling the organization achieve its business objectives.
- Providing mentorship, coaching and strategic guidance to members of the Key Management Team
- Advising the Managing Director on various matters affecting the organization and proposing solutions
- Participate in project planning, execution, monitoring and implementation.
- Business Development:
- Engaging in activities that strengthen ties and contact with existing and future stakeholders and potential business leads.
- Providing strategic guidance in the sourcing, negotiating and structuring of new deals.
- Approving new deals proposed by the Business Development Team.
- Propose the development of new services/products or the improvement of the existing ones in relation with market and results analysis.
- Human Resource Management:
- Ensuring that the organizational structure and culture promotes achievement of the mission.
- Maintaining a conducive work environment, suitable for attracting, developing and retaining a dynamic and competent workforce
- Stakeholder Management:
- Optimizing returns to shareholders through operational growth and effective capital management.
- Undertaking regular and appropriate Financial/Investment management and reporting to the board of directors on the performance of the Company.
- Financial and Business Health:
- Overseeing preparation and approval of budgets.
- Monitoring of cashflows and budgetary allocations.
- Ensuring the business meets the set profitability and growth targets.
- To ensure prudent management of resources for the achievement of the Company’s mandate and strategic objectives.
Qualifications and key competencies
- A degree in any field but with genuine interest in consumers and customers;
- FMCG background will be a distinct advantage;
- 7 years’ experience in sales, marketing or business with at least 2 years in general management.
- Excellent project management skills, study or certification.
- Good financial management and reporting experience.
- Demonstrated record of revenue and profit growth and new business development experience.
- Strong commercial attitude with the ability to think strategically.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Proven capability to provide useful insights and pragmatic solutions to business challenges.
- Strong interpersonal skills, team leadership and delegation skills.
- Excellent report writing skills
How To Apply
Send your applications to [email protected]