General Manager (Pipeline Operations & Maintenance) at Kenya Pipeline Company (KPC) Limited
The Kenya Pipeline Company Limited is a State Corporation established on 6th September, 1973 under the Companies Act (CAP 486) of the Laws of Kenya and started commercial operations in 1978. The Company is 100% owned by the Government and complies with the provisions of the State Corporations Act (Cap 446) of 1986.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the role is responsible for provision of leadership to heads of departments with directorate mandate for Operations, Maintenance, Quality Control as well as Supply Logistics departments. The job holder will guide the delivery of the entire spectrum of the respective departmental strategies. A key part of this role will be to provide leadership in supply and delivery of Petroleum products.
GRADE KPC 2
JOB REF: KPC/ADVT/05/2020
- Responsible for ensuring petroleum products are transported through the pipeline in the most efficient, safe and economical manner.
- Ensuring maintenance and preservation of the required product quality standards in the pipeline and storage system.
- Liaising with oil marketing companies and other stakeholders on ullage allocations, product transportation and other operational matters and advising the Managing Director on changes in operational requirements which may be necessary for optimization of petroleum pumping.
- Ensuring proper maintenance schedules are effected to improve on plant and equipment availability and efficiency.
- Provide technical leadership to multidisciplinary teams to enable them to develop, implement and evaluate strategic corporate plans and budgets aimed at improving delivery of services.
- Maintaining effective communication between staff of all cadres to provide the right working environment for achievement of Company goals.
- Initiating and participating in organizational performance reviews and business process improvement programmes as well as undertaking specials investigations aimed at improving organizational effectiveness.
- Writing and submitting project charters and/or business cases in order to secure resource commitments (e.g. Budgets, personnel and business systems) from the Board and Executive that will enable execution of initiatives.
- Performing other duties as may be required from time to time.
Key Qualifications and experience
- Master’s degree in a relevant field
- Bachelor of Science in any Engineering field from a recognized university
- Be a Registered Professional Engineer with ERB with a current valid practicing license
- Minimum of twelve (12) years relevant experience five (5) of which should be at senior level in a large and busy organization.
- Fulfills the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of engineering aspects in Oil and gas Industry including broad knowledge of local and international standards.
- Strong well-developed interpersonal skills including ability to prepare relevant reports.
- Flexibility and responsiveness in handling and determining engineering issues, sound analytical skills and the ability to identify with precision the critical factors of a problem in an impartial and objective way.
- Demonstrate technical expertise in risk management, quality control as well as supply logistics.
- Ability to deliver articulated vision for change, create a sense of urgency around change and motivate staff to join change efforts.
- Ability to establish flexible multidisciplinary teams in an environment conducive to continuous learning, creativity and innovation.
- Proficiency in computer applications especially those used in quality control, operations and engineering.
- Ability to empower staff through coaching and counseling by emphasizing accountability and results oriented management.
- Demonstrated ability to deal patiently and sympathetically with people from diverse backgrounds and to develop practical solutions to problems.
The post General Manager (Pipeline Operations & Maintenance) at Kenya Pipeline Company (KPC) Limited appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.