Global Security, Safety & Health Manager Jobs, Health & Safety Jobs 2020, OAF Jobs,
We are looking for an experienced Security, Safety and Health professional to take on an important leadership role in the Global Corporate Operations Department. With a growing team of over 7,000 staff distributed across 10 diverse locations within Africa and Asia, we understand how important it is to invest in the safety, security, and well-being of our people, and see this role as essential to the success of the organization. To accomplish our goals, you will manage a small team of 4-7 Security Leads across several countries, and report to our Global Director of Corporate Operations.
The overarching goals of this role are to:
- Create solutions to observed operational challenges relating to safety and security issues by guiding implementation through a team of staffers across our locations.
- Design a strategic approach to organisation-level security, safety and health work, and improve organisational policy, structural procedures and on-the-ground responses.
- Coordinate our response to acute emergencies (e.g. staff security incidents or road traffic accidents) or longer-term crises (e.g. global COVID-19 pandemic), recognising that responses to emergencies affecting our staff are important moments in the morale and retention of staff.
- Build Team: Hire and manage a team of in-country security experts who will ensure that our security processes are used effectively, support the roll-out of new projects, and provide security leadership across our locations.
- Build Relationships: Develop strong collaborative relationships across several departments, amongst important in-country leaders, senior leaders in the organisation, and a range of international security partners.
- Educate and Influence Behaviour Change: Use intel communications, internal systems, and trainings to improve staff awareness, education, and behaviour patterns to mitigate risks and improve their safety.
We have a culture of learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
We are looking for candidates with 5+ years’ of security and project management experience at an NGO, private organisation, or a security consultancy organisation. Candidates who fit the following criteria are encouraged to apply:
- Passion for operations, building scalable and efficient systems and solving problems in a difficult operating environment.
- Experience managing teams and developing leaders; experience in remote management a plus.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High levels of emotional resilience and emotional intelligence.
- You who combine strong leadership skills with patience and a humble approach to service.
- A willingness to commit to living in East Africa for at least two years – this is a long-term, career-track role.
- Experience working in a multicultural workplace in a developing country is a plus.
- Language: Fluent spoken and written English is essential and required. French or Swahili also valuable.
- Travel: 3-months travel per year to our sites of operations. ~6 weeks unplanned travel in response to emergency incidents.