Governance And Philanthropy Coordinator at Kenya Community Development Foundation
Kenya Community Development Foundation is a national foundation founded in 1997, to support communities to initiate and drive their own development agenda, by harnessing and growing their resources, as well as engaging with government and other development actors to secure their fundamental rights and services.
Overall Job Purpose:
The job holder will play a leading role in advancing KCDF’s push for a vibrant, credible and sustainable civil society sector while promoting stronger community voices and agency in building responsive and accountable governance structures and processes at the national
and county level.
The successful candidate will work either directly or with other like-minded stakeholders in supporting an enabling policy and legal environment for CSO’s and communities to secure more equitable access to services for the poor and other excluded groups. The person will also leverage on different national, regional and global networks to learn, share and advocate KCDF’s collective agenda in promoting philanthropy while strengthening national
and regional philanthropy infrastructure.
Full Job Description
Key Qualifications Required:
- A minimum of a University Degree in development studies or any other relevant area of specialization.
- At least six years’ progressive experience in governance/policy environment work, within a credible development organization.
- Demonstrated experience in growing/developing a cross section of CSOs, including capacity enhancement processes of community-based organizations and networks.
- Excellent analytical and policy articulation skills, communication, writing and public speaking skills.
- Excellent proposal writing and fundraising skills with demonstrable success.
- Strong leadership, team development and management skills.
- Diplomatic, networking and influencing skills in support of effective collaboration and cooperation with multiple stakeholders.
- Strong leadership & management skills and demonstrated experience in working and growing teams.
The post Governance And Philanthropy Coordinator at Kenya Community Development Foundation appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.