Grant/Proposal Writer at Girl Effect
Girl Effect is a non-profit working with girls to change their lives, empowering them to navigate the pivotal time of adolescence, so they are enabled to live a healthy life, participate in school, and prepare for their future financially.
Context of the role
Girl Effect has a blended funding model that goes beyond charitable revenue. We seek philanthropic gifts and institutional grants to maintain the operations of Girl Effect and undertake new opportunities.
We are at a critical juncture of global growth, with an increasing focus on fund mobilisation, particularly increasing funding from key government institutions and foundations. As the current funding trends in international development are increasingly focused on competitive bids, Girl Effect is looking to contract a senior bid writer experienced at writing successful proposals to institutions and foundations.
What you will do
- Produce high-quality final capability statements, concept notes and proposals ready to be submitted to donors
- Synthesize technical information from relevant teams
- Draft concept notes and/or initial applications compliant with specific donor’s requirements
- Develop outlines for full proposals and share with the Development and country teams for inputs
- Collect inputs from relevant teams and synthesize information to a draft proposal
- Complete logframes and indicators
- Work with the GE development team to edit and finalize the bid/proposals
- Communication skills: you need to be able to collaborate with teams in various countries to craft proposals
- Mission alignment: we are looking for someone with a commitment to empowering adolescent girls; someone who believes in a girl’s right to take control of her health and her body, to pursue a livelihood of her own choice, to have a family when she’s ready, to make decisions for herself and her children
Work experience and education required:
- A BA degree in international development, social science or related discipline. Master degree in International Development preferred
- Minimum 10 years of experience in the design, proposal writing of development initiatives for developing countries (focus in Africa and Asia particularly)
- Demonstrated experience in developing proposals for institutional donors is mandatory especially USAID (other donors including but not limited to SIDA, Dutch Government, key foundations etc)
- Demonstrated experience in successful grant applications particularly institutions and foundations
- Experience in working on projects that target women and adolescent girls is preferred
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively with teams in different locations and from multiple organisations
- Excellent English speaking/writing skills required
(18 days a month) for 6 months with the possibility of extension
- Terms of reference published: Thursday 10th June 2021
- Extended Deadline for responses: Wednesday 23rd June
- Supplier selection, contracting and briefing: End June
- Project commencement: July
The consultant shall report to the Director of Governments and Consortia Partnerships who will assign all activities under the contract and approve all deliverables and invoices.
- General/Academic Qualification- 20%
- Experience of the consultant-20%
- Geographical experience in areas we operate in-10%
(Girl Effect has offices and in-country teams in the UK, Rwanda, Ethiopia, Tanzania, India, the USA, Malawi and Kenya. Staff in these offices are responsible for programmes in these countries as well as programmes in South Africa, Mozambique, Ghana, Indonesia and the DRC. Through our digital work, we also reach audiences in Bangladesh, Pakistan, Nigeria, Benin, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Lesotho and Uganda)
- Detailed reference list indicating the scope and magnitude of similar assignments carried out-30%
- Value for money/Daily rate – 20%
In deciding the final selection of the consultant, the technical quality of the proposal will be given a weighting of 75% based on the evaluation criteria. Only the financial proposal of those bidders who qualify technically will be opened.
GE is not liable for any cost incurred during the preparation, submission, or negotiation of the award/contract. All submitted documentation and/or materials shall become and remain the property of GE.
- Technical Proposal (Max 3-5 pages)
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae
- Detailed reference list indicating the scope and magnitude of similar assignments carried out
- Demonstrate possession of qualification and experience required
- Financial Proposal
- The consultant shall provide a daily rate for carrying out the assignment
- The consultant may also propose additional pricing options or modalities for consideration.
- The price must be quoted in US Dollars (USD)
- All applicable taxes should be quoted separately
- If the financial proposal is silent on taxes, GE shall assume that these are inclusive
Applicants are advised to ensure that they have a clear understanding of their tax position with regards to provisions of the UK jurisdiction tax legislation when developing their proposals.
GE reserves the right to determine the structure of the process, number of short-listed participants, the right to withdraw from the proposal process, the right to change this timetable at any time without notice and reserves the right to withdraw this tender at any time, without prior notice and without liability to compensate and/or reimburse any party. GE shall inform ONLY successful applicant(s). The process of negotiation and signing of the contract with the successful applicant(s) will follow.
Girl Effect is committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We are committed to building an organization that is increasingly representative of, and works extensively with, the communities that we serve. To this end, due regard will be paid procuring consultancy service organizations and individuals with diverse professional, academic and cultural backgrounds.
The post Grant/Proposal Writer at Girl Effect appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.