Group Coordinators (Kericho, Homabay, Bomet) at Bidhaa Sasa
Bidhaa Sasa (“Products Now”â€‹ in Swahili) is a lean start-up based in Bungoma County in Kenya. It distributes and finances goods to rural households providing services to otherwise under-served communities.
Group Co-ordinators are at the heart of our business model and deliver our products and services to our clients. The role is a mixture of a sales agent and a loan officer role. Equipped with our unique sales process, the hires will organise and run mobilisation meetings with interested clients, follow up on sales leads, complete sales, which includes delivery of products and signing our contracts, as well as deal with late-paying customers and warranty cases. Most importantly, they build lasting relationships with our leaders in these groups who recruit our clients within their own social networks. The hires will be based in any one of our following hubs: Bomet, Kericho, Homabay, and its surroundings and report to the respective Area Manager there. In addition, this is an opportunity to be part of a growing start-up with big ambitions and a dedicated team, but it also means that it is a rapidly changing environment, requiring you to be responsive and adaptable. This is an entry-level position.
Key activities and deliverables of the role will be to:
- Identify and develop groups of clients and group leaders in rural areas of Kericho, Homabay and Bomet.
- Manage our unique sales process from start to finish, including contract signing, customer education, data entry/ reporting and after-sales / warranty services.
- Coach group leaders in building their sales and group management skills and develop lasting relationships beyond their initial purchase.
- Manage late-paying groups and clients through strict follow up and repossessions where necessary.
- Identify target audiences to grow your sales network and analyse and identify business growth opportunities.
- You are passionate about rural development and making a difference for the less well-off in this country and excited about working in a multi-cultural environment; You value diversity and are respectful to others.
- You are a team player who leads by example and excellent at listening and building trust and longlasting relationships with clients and within teams.
- You value ownership and freedom in exchange for accountability and responsibility.
- You are self-driven, highly organised, and able to operate independently towards set targets.
- Entry-level position with limited work experience required and intensive on the job training.
- Self-driven, highly organised, and able to operate independently towards set targets.
- Rural work experience with MFIs, co-operatives, NGOs or as teachers recommended. However, no previous sales experience is required but considered an advantage.
- Higher Education Diploma or BSc. in a relevant field.
- Willingness to live and work in the areas highlighted.
- Excellent English and Swahili required; knowledge of the local languages considered a strong advantage.
Remuneration Starting at Ksh. 18,000 per month, plus a strong bonus related element of around half the net salary which will vary with sales performance and client repayment rates. Increasing with experience.
Method of Application
There are vacancies for the Group Coordinator role in the following areas specifically:
- Kericho: Buret, Sigowet, Belgut, Saosa and Ainamoi territories
- Homabay: Mbita, Lambwe, Rodi Kopany, Kabuoch/Riana
- Bomet: Sigor territory
Applicants should submit their updated CV and Cover Letter to [email protected] indicating on the subject line the position and specific area they are interested in e.g. Group Coordinator, Kericho-Ainamoi
Deadline for submitting applications 27th July 2020;
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: Bidhaa Sasa never asks candidates to pay any application fees.
The post Group Coordinators (Kericho, Homabay, Bomet) at Bidhaa Sasa appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – https://jobcenterkenya.com/.