Group Head of Global Supply Chain at Koko Networks
This company was formerly known as SmartCook Energy. Last-mile energy networks for Africa’s cities. Smarter commerce for urban Africa. Unique rich media delivery platforms. Our mission is to improve life for everyone in Africa’s cities.
As Group Head of Global Supply Chain, you will play a key role in managing KOKO’s growth and expansion in India, Kenya, and other new markets in East Africa and beyond by developing our supply chain strategy and toolkit, as well as overseeing execution.
What You Will Do
- Global Cooker Supply Chain Management: serve as the focal point for supply chain management of Cooker Kits (including cookers, canisters, and spare parts) within India, Kenya, and new markets
- Global Fuel Technology Supply Chain Management: serve as the focal point for supply chain management of KOKO Points (including spare parts), and Smart Tanker & Depot Systems within India, Kenya, and other new markets
- Global Procurement Management: supervise company-wide global procurement efforts, developing relationships with key suppliers in India, Kenya, the US, Europe, and other relevant markets. Responsibilities will also include development and improvement of standard operating procedures, tools, and policies.
- Global Facilities Management: supervise all KOKO facilities, including management of leases and landlord relations, and ensure all facilities comply with local regulations in the respective jurisdictions and KOKO standards
- Lead and refine daily, weekly, and monthly planning sales and operations planning efforts for products mentioned above
- Manage and oversee the planning process to relaunch KOKO Points production and ensure delivery of all bill of material (BOM) items in a timely manner to offices in India and Kenya
- Maximize inventory turnover, optimize in-country stock levels, and minimize shipping times, shipping costs, and stock outs for India, Kenya, and other new markets
- Develop and maintain key supply chain reporting, including supply forecasts and dispatch tracker
- Identify, prioritize, and carry out strategic projects in service of the functional areas above
What You Will Bring to KOKO
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in finance or related discipline
- 15+ years of relevant work experience across India, East Asia, and Africa
- 10+ years of senior management experience
- Demonstrated track record of driving continuous improvement and cost efficiency
- Familiarity with business practices in key markets (East Africa, India, China, EU/UK, US)
- Expertise with sophisticated financial modeling, planning, and analysis
- Comfort working cross functionally across different departments and countries
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Sharp attention to detail
- Unquestionable integrity
- Fluency in English plus one additional key supply market business language (eg, Gujarati, Hindi, Mandarin)
- Willingness to travel internationally 50% of the time or more
KOKO is committed to gender and racial diversity in the workplace. We encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply!
The post Group Head of Global Supply Chain at Koko Networks appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.