Hairdressing & Beauty Instructor Jobs, Latest Teaching Jobs, RWMT Jobs
Position: Hairdressing & Beauty Instructor
RafikiwaMaendeleo Trust (RWMT) is a charitable organisation operating in rural Rarieda sub-county in Siaya County. The organisation began as a grass-root CBO in 2003 to assist orphaned children and youth with a focus on community empowerment and development.
Vision: People believing in themselves and working together to build a vibrant and progressive community. Mission:To empower communities to create positive change especially for children and youth. Train students in specific technical skills area and prepare them for formal examinations/trade test and work environment
- Enrich the existing Curriculum to include emerging trends in the Hair Dressing Industry.
- Develop lesson plans for training.
- Take part in recruitment process of the new students.
- Provide counseling to the students, address their disciplinary issues and assist in Conflict Resolution among them.
- Prepare the students for their final examination and facilitate internal examinations.
- Organize and/or accompany the class to the examination center whenever called to.
- Assist in finding suitable Industrial attachments positions for the students
- Ensure all qualified students are registered for the exams.
- Ensure all qualified students pay their contributions to the exams.
- Ensure RWMT values and principles are communicated to the students and their caregivers.
- Ensure RWMT Training and Resource Center rules and regulations are clearly communicated to the students.
- Ensure the students participate in all relevant RWMT activities.
- Assist in keeping database of Personal details and relevant documents of the students.
- Making sure that the right students as per the set criteria are the ones attending class.
- Keeping daily attendance registers for the students.
- Filing of the examination records.
- Collecting monitoring and evaluation data in conjunction with the M & E department.
- Ensure students pay their fees to RWMT Finance department fully and timely.
Economic Mentoring to Students
- Train and mentor students to be able to provide quality service to clients satisfaction.
- Facilitate students to meet set deadlines and relevant targets.
- Train the students on how to deal with possible clients so as to enable them have competitive advantage.
- Train the students on how to determine prices of their services to enable them engage in profitable ventures.
- Train the students on the possible ways of marketing their skills & services.
Maintenance of Equipment
- Implementation of RWMT policies that are geared towards ensuring better security of inputs & Assets.
- Regular maintenance of Hair dressing equipments and assets
- Requesting inputs from the inventory (and procurement) and allocating the same to students for use.
- Reporting any damage caused and repairs needed in class and respective equipment.
- Locking and opening the room (workshop) in the morning and evening.
- Providing recommendations that can improve security of the class and RWMT equipment.
- Assist in provision of Hair dressing services whenever called to & ensure satisfaction of clients.
- Assist in supervision of students work in regards to Hair dressing services.
- Assist in implementing the IGA component of the Hair dressing class
Partnership, Networking and collaboration
- Ensure strong partnership between RWMT with the governments relevant ministries and other partners.
- Represent the organization in any relevant stakeholders meetings whenever called to.
- Ensure that the organization upholds the governments’ policies and procedures of providing quality Business Development services.
Rafiki Values and Ethics
- Share and instill the values of RWMT to the project beneficiaries.
- Keep and maintain the name of RWMT in high esteem and respect to the community.
- Provide quality and timely delivery of Hairdressing activities reports in their agreed format and deadlines to facilitate follow-up and improvement of the work.
- Maintain follow-up system to ensure efficient processes of Hairdressing activities.
- Maintain and up-date accurate Hairdressing activities records and reports according to the organization’s M&E and reporting requirements.
- Actively maintain the internal referral system to ensure beneficiaries are provided with maximum support from the organization’s various expertise.
- Take part in the procurement of Hairdressing items as well as other items that will be needed by the RTRC.
- At least a Diploma in the field of Beauty and Hair Dressing from a reputable Institution.
- A Grade 1 Trade Test Certification in the area of specialization will be an added advantage.
- Customer Service
- Sales and Marketing
- Certificate in Computer Studies
- Must possess good facilitation/training skills.
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to build harmonious relationships with students.
- Must have developed good intercultural orientation and strong public relations skills.
- Have knowledge working with children in poor conditions.
- Must have registered with TVET
- Must have a Technical Teacher Training Certificate
- At least two(2) years relevant experience as an Instructor
How to apply
Interested candidates are requested to email the following to [email protected] by 3rdJuly 2020. cover letter stating the position for which you are applying, along with current remuneration or last remuneration if currently not employed, (2) three paragraph motivation statement and why you feel you meet the requirements, (3) three references and (4) C.V.
IMPORTANT: All four (4) above mentioned steps must be followed. Applications not following all steps will automatically be disqualified. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
All applicants should bring a personal commitment to community development. Applicants should take time to reflect and make sure they resonate strongly with RafikiwaMaendeleo Trust’s vision and mission before considering to apply. Only those who can demonstrate all required competencies will be considered.