Hansard Reporter III at Kisumu County
Kisumu County is located in Nyanza and constitutes 7 constituencies (Kisumu East, Kisumu West, Kisumu Central,Seme, Nyando, Muhoroni and Nyakach). Mission To transform the livelihood of the people of Kisumu county on a foundation of integrity through accountable, efficient and effective leadership that invokes participation and pursuit of quality services, for a prosperous county that is a harbor of excellence
(Job Grade ‘L’ CASB 8)
Basic Salary Scale: Kshs. 42,970 – Kshs 59,120 p.m House Allowance: Kshs. 22,000
Commuter Allowance: Kshs. 6,000
Specific duties and responsibilities at this level will entail:-
- Operating the digital recording systems;
- Ensuring general safety, cleanliness and usability of the machines;
- ensuring timely and accurate recording and transcription;
- undertaking independent verbatim reporting of County Assembly proceedings and those of relevant committees/functions within or outside County Assembly;
- handling queries relating to Hansard reporting;
- preparing transcripts for editing;
- sorting and checking transcripts from junior officers and amending as necessary;
- assist in preliminary editorial work with emphasis on grammar, syntax, style and consistency; and
- assisting in classification, custody, archiving, retrieval and cross-checking of documents against references.
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this grade an officer must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism/Mass Communication/Linguistics majoring in English and Kiswahili from a recognized institution; or any other equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Be in possession of Typing II (30 w.p.m.) and/or Audio Typing I and II; and
- Proficiency in computer applications skills and
- Showing merit and ability as reflected in work performance and result.
The post Hansard Reporter III at Kisumu County appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.