Head of Fragile Communities and States (FCAS) at FSD Africa
Created in 2012, FSD Africa is a Â£30 million financial sector development programme or ‘FSD’ based in Nairobi. It is funded by the UK Government’s Department for International Development (DFID). FSD Africa aims to reduce poverty across sub-Saharan Africa by building financial markets that are efficient, robust and inclusive.
Purpose Of The Head Of Fcas – Assistant Director
The Head of Fragile Communities and States – Assistant Director will provide strategic and operational leadership to the existing work underway, upgrading it with new ideas, funding, and staff members. This is a senior management role that will build and lead a portfolio of projects that deliver results and influence key partners to replicate FSD Africa’s approach. Reporting to the Director, Strategy and Advocacy, the role will ensure the successful implementation of strategies through the provision of leadership to a team of staff and consultants. Effective relationship management, influencing, advocacy and communication will be also be key drivers for success in this role.
This role requires an individual that has excellent knowledge and understanding of private sector development processes in fragile communities and states and is experienced in formulating, developing and implementing new strategies with a 3-10 year scope. S/he will hold bachelor’s degree in international development, conflict studies or similar, (a Master’s degree would however be preferred ) and will have at least ten years of experience, some in senior leadership within like-minded international organisations, especially with a focus on FCAS.
Qualifications and Education
- Bachelor’s or ideally master’s degree, in international development, conflict studies or similar
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English
Essential Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- At least ten years of experience, some in Senior leadership within like-minded international organisations, especially with a focus on FCAS
- Demonstrated network of professional networks including crucial public and private institutions, as well as international development institutions
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of private sector development processes in fragile communities and states
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and lead high performing teams and manage external stakeholders
- Experience in formulating, developing and implementing new strategies with a 3-10 year scope
- Demonstrated ability to innovate and show resilience in the face of change or obstacles; develops innovative solutions and approaches
- Demonstrated track record of rigorous project management skills and achievement of results
- Experience of developing communication strategies and plans
- Demonstrated risk-calculating skills and ability to evaluate emerging high development impact opportunities that are aligned with FSD Africa’s strategy
- Experience with managing and reporting on complex donor-funded projects, managing risk and ensuring value for money; ability to manage project portfolio in GBP 750k-£1.5m per year range.
- Experience of living and working in a multi-cultural environment, including in fragile communities or states
- Previous experience of working in DFID-funded projects
- Languages: English, French, local African languages
- Location: A fragile state in Africa, happy to relocate to Kenya
- Director, Strategy & Advocacy
- Existing FCAS team
- Other key FSD Africa staff and long-term Consultants
- Public and private sectors in FCAS
- International development organisations, especially DFID
- Academic institutions, leading NGOs
- FSD Network colleagues
- Consultant specialists
The post Head of Fragile Communities and States (FCAS) at FSD Africa appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – https://jobcenterkenya.com/.