Head of Institutional Banking at National Bank
- Company: National Bank
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Banking Jobs in Kenya
Reporting to the Director Corporate Banking Division, the role holder will be responsible for driving business growth (Asset, Liabilities and Customer numbers), revenue and Profitability for the Institutional Banking Sector. This entails leading a Relationship Management Team to Partner with the Corporate Banking Product House Units (Transactional Banking, Trade, Asset Finance and Insurance as applicable) to co-create a business solutions oriented value proposition. This will be the vehicle through which the team will sell Corporate Banking Products and cross-selling of other Bank products in close cooperation with other Corporate Banking Sectors, Retail Banking, Treasury and Islamic Banking functions) whilst creating and sustaining value-based customer relationships. This sector includes Learning Institutions, Professional Firm Establishments, International and non-governmental organisation and strategic partnerships.
- Lead, Develop and Direct Institutional Banking Team.
- Deliver on Institutional Banking Annual Business Growth Targets; Revenue, Fees and Commissions, Profit Before Tax, Assets, Liabilities and Customer Numbers.
- Relationship Management of Key Institutional Banking Customer and Stakeholders.
- Manage Institutional Banking Segment Business Operational Costs within approved budget
- Customer Service Management: Enquiry/Complaint response and resolution within set standards
- Manage Portfolio at Risk (PAR) for Institutional Banking Segment Business within annual business target
- Maintain Turnaround time on Credit Applications for Institutional Banking Segment Business.
- Manage and maintain a robust monitoring, controls, business continuity, governance and risk management environment.
- Manage and maintain relationships with key/strategic Institutional Banking stakeholders.
For the above position, the successful applicant should have the following:-
- University Degree in Business related field. Post graduate and or Banking qualifications will be an added advantage.
- 6-8 years’ relevant experience (in well-established organizations) in corporate banking, banking operations, customer service, with at least 5 Years’ in head of department to senior management positions relevant to Institutional Banking within Corporate.
- Track record of attaining targets of business growth and profitability in the financial services and banking sector.
- Have appreciation and operating knowledge of the banking industry, market, trends as well as challenges
- Demonstrable cross-cultural, people and relationship management skills, networking and negotiation skills, team motivation and leadership competence.
- Sound understanding of statutory and regulatory requirements of corporate governance, business and banking operations.
- Nurturing Talent, Leading teams – capable of empowering and leading teams to deliver stretch targets
- Customer & Client Focused Innovation – able to meet the demands of internal and external customers
- Meaningful Collaboration – Ability to establish key partnerships and facilitate, influence, collaborate and establish accountability through all levels of the organization to help drive uptake of the Bank’s products and services
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Innovative and creative – ability to think creatively and develop innovative solutions
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
How to Apply