Head of IT Infrastructure & Operations at d.light
d.light is a global leader and pioneer in delivering affordable solar-powered solutions designed for the two billion people in the developing world without access to reliable energy. d.light provides distributed solar energy solutions for households and small businesses that are transforming the way people all over the world use and pay for energy. Through four hubs in Africa, China, South Asia and the United States, d.light has sold close to twenty million solar light and power products in 62 countries, improving the lives of over 80 million people. d.light is dedicated to providing the most reliable, affordable and accessible solar lighting and power systems for the developing world and reaching 100 million people by 2020. Vision: d.light envisions a future where everyone is empowered by the freedom and improved quality of life that comes with access to reliable, affordable, clean solar energy.
The job holder will be responsible for d.light Kenya’s end-to-end delivery of IT business systems integration and support requirements. The services will include (but not limited to) supporting connectivity & integration engagements and projects, 3rd party vendor engagements, system availability, and redundancy management.
- Define & follow-through on all IT-related project deliverables to support Kenya’s business needs. Such activities will include:
- Manage a team of IT resources delivering support to the Kenya market.
- Lead & create a climate that attracts, retains, and motivates top-quality team members.
- Drive the SLA performance management for all services.
- Drive maintenance of pay-bill platforms with identified mobile service providers (B2C, B2B, etc).
- Set up and deploy related interconnection activities with selected contact center partners.
- Contract sign-offs to deploy and maintain IT infrastructure in d.light offices in Kenya.
- Drive the integration of d.light systems with communication platforms in Kenya (SMS, USSD, etc.).
- Oversee user training and documentation on technology systems.
- Overall responsibility of business systems availability to ensure operations are managed as required, including providing visibility of system availability to key business stakeholders in real-time. This will involve systems uptime, designing and deploying business continuity plans, remedy and escalation management,
- project management of business systems initiatives, and 3rd party vendor management.
- Deployment of systems as per approved project milestones (time, cost, and scope).
- Deployment of business redundancies for systems and applications.
- Signed off Processes and SOP that guide on business system management.
- Vendor/ 3rd party compliance to agreed deliverables.
- Attainment of set system target deliverables notably:
- System Availability and uptime at 99.99%
- Problem Resolution Time
- First Time Resolution Rate
- Service Level Agreement compliance
Desired Skills and Experience
- Degree in Computer Systems Design, Computer Science, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, and/or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with database platforms, including Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle Database, will be required.
- Minimum of 5 years direct experience managing applications and/or systems management with demonstrated success as a manager. As well as experience in deploying business systems will be desired (e.g. deploying an ERP system, system integrations (with internal and external vendors), and contract negotiations and SOP/ Process management)
- Proven track record of delivering integration solutions in complex environments with multiple delivery teams.
- Experience in managing relationships with third-party System Integrators for SMEs.
- Experience leading a team in a fast-paced environment preferably in a commercial organization, partnering with senior business leaders.
- Strong mindset for continuous improvement and meeting or exceeding expectations and able to demonstrate complete discretion and confidentiality.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, with an emphasis on tact and diplomacy.
- Business-driven, people-focused, with exceptional influencing skills; Excellent organizational, multi-tasking, presentation, and time-management skills.
- Passion for social enterprise, development of people, and environmental benefits
The post Head of IT Infrastructure & Operations at d.light appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.