Head of Policy, Evidence and Learning at CaLP – the Cash Learning Partnership
CaLP is a dynamic global network of over 90 organisations engaged in the critical areas of policy, practice and research in humanitarian cash and voucher assistance (CVA) and financial assistance more broadly. Collectively, CaLP members deliver the vast majority of humanitarian CVA worldwide.
Are you committed to improving cash and voucher assistance (CVA) as a key part of the humanitarian response? Do you know your way around the policy debates that influence the CVA operating context? Do you happy engaging in dialogue and influencing action, both diplomatic and tenacious? Are you committed to using evidence and sharing learning to drive positive change in the humanitarian system? Are you ready to work in a fast-paced environment, where you can inspire, influence, support and lead? If this sounds like you, then read on.
We’re looking for someone to head up our newly formed Policy, Evidence and Learning team. You’ll build on the great work that has already done and take it further. Working with an experienced staff team, with CaLP members and the wider network, you’ll ensure policy is evidence-informed; you’ll facilitate the generation of evidence and learning in priority areas; ensure core training products remain the ‘gold standard’; and actively promote the uptake of learning and good practice. You’ll need to be up for a challenge, passionate about creating change and a great professional. In return, you’ll be part of a wonderful team and will know you’re helping make a difference.
The Head of Policy, Evidence and Learning guides a coherent technical, policy and learning team, ensuring collective efforts and resources lead to maximum impact and relevance. By working collaboratively with and through the network, the team facilitates learning and influences evidence-based policy and action. It identifies evidence and research priorities; ensures core training products remain as ‘gold standard’; facilitates the generation of evidence and learning; captures diverse experiences and perspectives; and actively promotes the uptake of learning and good practice.
Some of the key accountabilities
- Provide management support and foster personal development of team members
- Lead the development of evidence, policy and learning, convening and facilitating purposeful interactions across the network to identify priorities and foster collective action to accelerate change and increase impact.
- Undertake external engagement and influencing, with active participation in key policy forums.
- Ensure analysis, evidence, learning and policy engagement is rooted in response realities.
- Convene and facilitate meetings and debates – ensuring diversity of engagement.
- Ensure policy influencing is transparently informed by evidence and values, and is system-sensitive.
- Lead the development of a new global framework for action, facilitating broad engagement and collective ownership
- Develop strategies and approaches for engaging in key policy forum, with influential stakeholders and for increasing, where relevant, the diversity of engagement in policy discussions.
- Synthesise and elevate conversations and perspectives from different parts of the world.
Some of the skills and experience we’re looking for:
- Master’s degree or equivalent qualification, or equivalent level of professional experience
- Experience across CaLP’s core activities, such as: training, knowledge management, research, facilitation, convening and policy influence
- Experience and professionalism in networking to engage and influence with senior actors
- Understanding of CVA in a humanitarian context and the opportunities, complexities and politics around it
- Senior management experience and excellent communication skills
The post Head of Policy, Evidence and Learning at CaLP – the Cash Learning Partnership appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.