Head Of Programmes (Nairobi) at Investing in Children and their Societies (ICS-SP)
ICS- SP is an innovative African NGO that works in rural areas of Africa together with families, communities, and other stakeholders to create safe and nurturing environments for children to reach their full potential.
Location: Regional Office Nairobi but may be required to work in designated programme areas
Reports to: Director
Purpose of function
Head of Programmes guides the overall development, coordination and implementation of ongoing and new programmes of ICS SP. In addition, this function will be responsible for planning, organizing, and leading specific programme to ensure that goals and objectives are accomplished in accordance with established priorities, time limitations, funding allocations or other specifications.
Roles and responsibilities
- Visioning and strategic planning
- Participate in formulating the organizations’ future direction and support in strategic thinking **
- Develop new initiatives to support the strategic direction of the organization
- Provide technical support in monitoring and directing the implementation of strategic plans
- Develop performance measures that support the organizations’ strategic direction and programmes **
- Programme development, coordination and implementation
- Ensure an appropriate programme /project management framework is in place**
- Plan the delivery of the overall program and its activities in accordance with the mission and the goals of the organization
- Work with the team to develop short and long term plans for programs to achieve successful outcomes
- Develop an annual budget and operating plan to support the programmes
- Coordinate implementation of programme activities as per approved plans
- Identify trends and shifts in programme execution patterns to inform changes or adjustments to programmes.
- Monitor progress, assure adherence and evaluate performance
- Coordinate activities of program with inter-related activities of other country programs, departments or staff to ensure optimum efficiency and compliance with appropriate policies, procedures and specifications.
- Review and prepare periodic reports, financial reports and records on program activities, progress, status or other special reports for management or outside agencies.
- Conduct first line evaluation of program effectiveness to develop improved methods, analyzes results and recommends and/or takes appropriate action.
- Guide programme actions by researching, developing, writing, and updating documents, practices, toolkits and guidelines
- Collate lessons learnt, success factors and facilitate the dissemination as necessary including providing content to the communications unit for the development of materials
- Ensure that all programme documentation is updated and uploaded to SharePoint on a timely basis
- Partner planning and reporting
- Maintain partner relations and coordinate their planning and reporting to ICS based on stipulated timelines
- Review the reports from partners collate lessons learnt, success factors and facilitate the dissemination as necessary including providing content to the communications unit for the development of materials
- Review partner progress and financial reports and highlight areas of concern vis a vis the performance indicators agreed up
- Maintain records of partner requests/complaints and follow up to ensure they are addressed
- Networking and fundraising
- Maintain and/or develop productive relationships with key individuals in relevant government ministries, civil society, counterpart institutions and NGOs, foreign and local NGO community,
- Actively source for funds and support in developing content for proposals, project concepts and communication materials and other donors
- Represent the organization in meetings, conferences and networks as assigned
- Human resource management
- Supervise line staff by articulating expectations, displaying model behavior, maintaining open lines of communication and being clear about roles and relationships
- Organize and coordinate meetings on regular basis with designated individuals to foster positive relationships
- Assist in designing of performance objectives and indicators for staff and conduct performance reviews and guide staff to meet desired deliverables **
- Identify and resolve staff conflicts and concerns in a timely manner **
- At least 7 years proven programming experience (with at least 3 years at management level)
- Extensive understanding of development and programming trends globally and in Africa
- Strategic planning and business development experience
- Analytical and strategic thinking / results orientation.
- Knowledge management and leadership.
- Ability to perform a variety of specialized tasks related to Results-Based Management, including support to design, planning and implementation of program, managing data, reporting.
- Proven ability to coordinate complex programs with diverse range of partners.
- Good understanding of the fields on child development and protection, violence prevention, education, economic development and health programmes
- Solid understanding on planning, budgeting and programmes reporting
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, drafting, communication and presentation skills
- Able to manage self and, guide and lead employees to ensure appropriate programme management processes are being used
- Degree in development studies/ social sciences/public health or related disciplines. Masters degree in related disciplines will be an added advantage
The post Head Of Programmes (Nairobi) at Investing in Children and their Societies (ICS-SP) appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – https://jobcenterkenya.com/.