Head of Sales at Alibhai Shariff & Sons Ltd
Alibhai Shariff started in 1923 with a shop on Bazaar Street and has built a reputation for stocking quality products and accessories from all over the world.
We are the leading supplier of construction materials in Kenya. We are not only backed by a 96 year heritage but a high number of satisfied customers. We have had the privilege of being behind some of the biggest construction projects in Kenya and the region. Our longevity in the market has been fuelled by our promise of quality, availability and great service
- Mastery of sales skills: positive opening, identification of needs, advice and closing.
- Apply multilevel sales techniques (matrix).
- Knows and knows how to apply marketing strategies at the local level: base customers, market research, competition, merchandising, promotions.
- Sufficient technical skills: Knowledge of products and applications.
- Has an interest in learning and keeping up to date on product and application issues.
- Able to use the resources necessary to maximize team productivity.
- Able to select, train, develop and retain key members of your team.
- Has sufficient computer skills: Microsoft Office, Internet and intranet.
- You are informed of current market trends.
- Good communication skills – internal and external
Customer needs, strategy and Business Understanding
- Understand the business reasons that lay the foundations of the strategy and its impact on day-to-day activities: product mix, innovation, customer satisfaction, productivity and sustainable growth.
- Able to influence others and increase positive customer satisfaction.
- Understand and apply financial processes where sustainable growth is measured.
- Able to explain our business model and strategy to both internal and external clients.
- Knows and understands the context in which Hilti operates.
- Know the basic business principles used to make customers and make profits. Know how the business organization works.
Know the competition and its market share.
- You can identify and evaluate the potential and sales opportunities for your team – market share, products and applications, etc.
- Is able to sense trends in your business area in the short-medium term (locally).
- Understand how the organization works: logistics, credits, large clients, projects.
- Uses all of Hilti’s resources to maximize customer satisfaction (MCS productivity).
- Know your clients and understand the business.
- You have a vision of the business beyond your territory / region and are familiar with the different organizational functions and their inter-relationships
- Spend time with product / application experts (PM, Of. Technique, Projects, other JAVs).
- Attend external courses for those aspects that are most deficient: IT, Project Management, Marketing.
- Identify the necessary resources, who are the experts, either within the team itself or in other areas.
- Participate in multi-departmental projects.
- Read books, specialized press to improve technical knowledge.
- Attend product / application courses to review concepts.
- Actively participate and provide training in sales cycles or meetings.
- Try new business approaches with customers.
- Hire people whose technical knowledge is a challenging challenge in working together and learning.
- Participate in external events: fairs, congresses, professional associations.
Job Requirements- Your qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in Marketing, Sales, or a related field may be advantageous. Master’s Degree (added advantage.)
- 5 years’ experience in Sales leadership
- Strong sales ability, business acumen, and commercial awareness.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills.
- Strong leadership abilities.
- Good time management, strategic planning, and organizational skills.
An extremely well-known brand, a highly supportive structure on a countrywide level, an exciting product portfolio, plus the chance to make a difference in a successfully growing and innovative company.
The post Head of Sales at Alibhai Shariff & Sons Ltd appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – https://jobcenterkenya.com/.