Housekeeping Control Desk Attendant at Ole-Sereni
Welcome to JobwebKenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
DO NOT PAY MONEY BEFORE GETTING A JOB!!. JOBWEB KENYA DOES NOT RECRUIT!! BE WARNED!!
Housekeeping control desk is the main communication Centre of the housekeeping department. It is the area in the department where all information is received and where messages are conveyed to housekeeping and other sections of the hotel. One of the main functions of the control desk is ensuring smooth coordination between housekeeping and other departments.
Good telephone etiquette
A high standard of work and attention to detail
Ability to perform assigned duties with attention to detail, speed, accuracy.
Follow through, courtesy, cooperativeness and work with minimum supervision.
Ability to work alone and as part of a team
Respect for guests’ privacy
A polite and helpful manner when dealing with guests.
Must be a self motivator – work with little supervision
Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English (speak, read, write) with guests, co-workers and management to their understanding.
Punctuality and regular and reliable attendance.
Honesty and Integrity
- Responsible for all calls forwarded to the Desk and ensures that the right message is conveyed to the right person. All telephone calls should be given top priority and answered efficiently maximum three rings and following good telephone etiquette
- Receive messages from guests such as a request for laundry, iron/board and transmit to the concerned floor supervisor for further action.
- Maintain a guest call register E.g. Maintenances, requests, special instructions etc. This will help in keeping a track of the completion of the activity and the duration of the same.
- Follow up with concerned departments in case of guest requests/ complaints.
- Keep track of arrival of pre-registered guests as regards profile/VIP status, timing, pax, any special request.
- Receive information from the Front office also about the expected and existing crews in the house. So that the rooms can be make ready for the new arriving crew after the departure of existing crew in a very short period of time.
- Receive departure room numbers from the front office and transmits them to the appropriate floor supervisor.
- Receive information from Floor Supervisor on rooms that are clean and ready for sale and make the relevant room status changes on the software as per the instruction given by floor supervisors.
- Maintaining records related to day to day operations of Housekeeping.
- Updating the Housekeeping data board with information like VIP inhouse, Today’s occupancy Percentage, arrivals, departures, to do list, rooms for super cleaning etc.
- Prepare the room discrepancy list for Front office.
- Prepare the VIP amenities list.
- Handle the lost and found procedures and all enquiry.
- Maintaining the “I need it now” cupboard.
- Coordinate with Engineering / Maintenance department for room maintenance issues.
- Should have complete information related all the rooms in hotel.
- Should always have information on where all staff are allotted for the work. E.g. Staff allocated level 2, public area etc.
- Give proper handover to the next shift and mention all responsibilities in detail to next shift staff before leaving.
- Assist Housekeeper and Asst. housekeeper in preparing the monthly reports.
- To participate in any training/development schemes required by management
- Participate in the hotel’s social responsibility programme
- To follow the house rules and policies laid down by the management
- To comply with company regulations as stipulated in staff handbook, regarding uniform, timekeeping and general conduct.
- To comply with any statutory and legal requirement for fire, licensing, health and safety and to ensure that you are working in accordance with these requirements