HR & Administration Manager Job, HR Jobs 2021, Latest Administration Jobs,
Human Resource and Administration Manager
Expires on: 15 Jan 2021
PACIS Insurance Company Limited was incorporated in Kenya in October 2004 and is an initiative of the Catholic Church, with a vision to be the icon of reliability and trustworthiness. To serve our growing client base, the company wishes to recruit an experienced, dynamic and innovative Human Resource and Administration Manager.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The job holder is responsible to lead, direct and manage the day-to-day Human Resources and Administrative activities, provide oversight and guidance to the development and monitoring of processes related to recruitment and retention, compliance, compensation, benefits, training and development as well as oversee administrative functions including coordinating the procurement and logistics processes in a cost effective manner in line with company mission, vision, values and strategic plans.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Human Resources Role
- Develop Human Resource strategies, plans and initiatives aligned to the company’s business strategy.
- Provide leadership in the management of the human resources cycle i.e. manpower planning and establishment; employee resourcing; performance management; training and development; employee relations; compensation, reward, and benefits management.
- Provide advisory and support services to line managers to enable them to manage their teams effectively and administer staff policies and procedures.
- Advise on employee relations and communicate policies and strategies to maximize staff involvement and commitment while minimizing conflict.
- Advise on appropriate staffing levels and participate in budget preparation.
- Monitor departmental budget expenditure and provide guidance to the Section on financial discrepancies
- Advise on appropriate organizational structure changes, business processes and change management to maximize corporate effectiveness.
- Compliance with all labor laws and statutory requirements.
- Facilitate the operations of a vibrant occupational health and safety committee for optimal safety within workplace.
- Formulate HR policies and identify areas for policy improvements and expectations.
- Ensure established performance management systems programs and support managers on handling poor performance, voluntary and involuntary separations.
- Oversee and coordinate the performance evaluation process.
- Ensure development of career progression paths and succession planning.
- Ensure coaching and mentoring of HR issues to employees.
- Manage the disciplinary processes in concert with relevant manager and in accordance with the set guidelines.
- Manage Human Resources Information System to ensure accurate and timely availability of information and management reports
- Develop, review, and implement strong administrative, purchasing, and clerical systems.
- Design, review and oversee the implementation of procurement policies and procedures
- Establish a clear inventory management system and maintain optimal inventory levels.
- Review and develop contracting strategies through analysis of the value chain and identifying new opportunities for procurement efficiencies.
- Overseeing the management of service contracts and service level agreements for outsourced services
- Deliver efficient and effective front office and administrative services to both internal and external customers.
- Maintain an approved list of vendor database.
- Formulate and implement Records Management policies and Ensure records management is provided in compliance with the Legal provisions and Company quality standards
- Planning, scheduling, and promoting office events, including meetings, conferences, interviews, orientations, and training sessions.
- Any other duty as may be assigned from time to time.
- Approve bid/tender/purchasing proposals and specifications.
- Prepare requests for proposals and expressions of interests.
- Develop and maintain a robust suppliers (pre)qualification system.
- Participate in management meetings
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Social Sciences, Business, or Organization Development.
- Higher Diploma in Human Resources Management.
- Professional membership of IHRM.
- Seven (7) years’ work experience of which 3 are in leading a busy human resources function.
- Experience in managing administration and procurement functions.
Skills and Attributes
- Leadership skills.
- Strong understanding of confidentiality as it relates to Human Resource.
- Internal consulting skills and advisory skills.
- Planning and logistics skills.
- Decision making and problem solving.
- Coaching and mentoring.
- Oral and written communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Numerate and business savvy.
How to Apply
Applications with a detailed CV, indicating your telephone contacts with names and addresses of three referees should be emailed to [email protected] not later than 15th January 2021.