HTS Counselor at AIC Health Ministries
Africa Inland Church was established in 1895. It is registered in Kenya as a society. AIC Health Ministries as a department of Africa Inland Church is responsible for the Health programmes within the Africa Inland Church .AICHM is a unique department in the Kenya Africa Inland Church that seeks to provide a mix of spiritual care and quality health care services to areas that are considered rural and remote in Kenya. With Over 52 rural health units including health centers, sub health centers and dispensaries and five hospitals, AICHM has become a leading authority in provision of health care in Kenya. AICHM is a member of the Christian Health Association of Kenya (CHAK), an organ of the mainline Protestant Churches for coordinating national health policies and collaboration.
AIC Health Ministries invites applications from experienced persons to fill the position HIV testing and counseling Counselor.
DUTY STATION: Kalobeyei /Kakuma 2, clinics in Turkana West Sub County.
The holder of the position will glorify God through provision of PITC services in the outpatient and during community outreach, including conducting sensitization on HTC services and promote provision of psychosocial disclosure counseling, adherence to care and treatment, encouraging family testing and facilitate referral of clients to facilities where they can access other health services.
Duties and responsibilities:
- To offer quality HIV testing and counselling to all clients at facility and during community outreaches.
- Responsible for assessment of risk of the disease at an early stage.
- To educate his clients on HIV, AIDS and STD’s and their implications through different programs & policies.
- Provides unbiased information on HIV testing to clients & explains the testing process in simple way.
- Keep all the records, data about a patient confidential and safe.
- maintains a list of certifications of Rapid HIV Test, also conducts a report of risk assessment in which report he explains the implications of risk behaviours to his clients.
- Prepares a medical follow up for critical cases that have high risk of HIV infection.
- To submit a monthly statistical report as required by the program supervisor to look after every client properly on time.
- Participate in quality assurance exercise.
- Not only above duties but also performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Should have strong analytical skills and be result oriented.
- Ability to handle multiple and conflicting priorities and work
- Must have excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Experience in providing HIV health education in the facility.
- Should have competence in Microsoft applications.
- Must have ability to plan, organize, implement and evaluate assigned goals and project objectives.
- Ability to handle multiple and conflicting priorities and work under strict deadlines.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCE:
- NASCOP trained in HIV testing and counselling.
- Must be enrolled in proficiency testing at NHRL.
- Diploma in any health-related field.
- At least 2 years experience in providing HIV counselling and testing in government or mission health facilities
The post HTS Counselor at AIC Health Ministries appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.