HTS Counselor Jobs, Medical Jobs 2020, PCEA Chogoria Hospital Jobs
Position: HTS Counselor
Reporting to: Program Coordinator
Overall purpose will be to provide HIV Testing to patients and clients seeking services in the Hospital using Provider initiated testing and counselling, voluntary counselling and testing, targeted family testing partner notification services and other novel HTS approaches
- Create demand for HTS services through mobilization and health talks
- Provide confidential HIV counseling and testing to persons at risk for HIV infection as per Kenya HTS national guidelines
- Conduct HTS using provider initiated testing and counseling, voluntary counseling and testing and targeted family testing approaches.
- Provide appropriate referrals and linkage through patient escort where possible and tracking of the referred clients
- Provide special group counseling e.g. couples, discordant couples, youths and adolescents
- Knowledgeable on Assisted partner notification services (aPNS) and other Social Network testing
- Address issues of behavior change in relation to HIV and ART
- Facilitate the delivery of HIV Prevention information to clients
- Provide psychosocial support and assist with linkage to referral services
- Assess and document all referrals make follow-up and report on referral outcomes
- Compile and submit monthly HTC reports
- Manage HTS commodities in accordance with the national guidelines.
- Participate in HTS refresher training at least annually.
- Participate in HTS QA activities like PT, counseling supervision etc.
- Minimum Diploma certificate in guidance and counseling, health-related or social science field.
- Be certified by NASCOP as a HTS Counselor
- Work experience as an HTS Counselor in a health setting is an added advantage.
- Proficiency in computer packages like MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint.
- Data analysis and interpretation skills.
- Over 3 years’ experience in HTS in a busy facility, training in counselling supervision highly desirable.
- Should be self-motivated.
- Should have good interpersonal and communication skills(both verbal and written)
- Ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision.
How To Apply
Candidates who meet above minimum requirements are requested to submit their applications and enclosing their detailed CV (with 3 referees), certificates, testimonials (including a letter from local Church Minister) so as to reach the Chief Executive Officer by 4 p.m on Friday 3rd July 2020.
P.O. Box 35-60401