Human Resource & Administration Manager Job, Current HR Jobs In Kenya,
GENERAL MANAGER (HUMAN RESOURCE & ADMINISTRATION), GRADE KPC 2 – JOB REF: KPC/ADVT/09/2020
Reporting to the Managing Director, the role is responsible for provision of leadership to heads of departments with directorate mandate for various HR and administrative functional areas. The job holder will guide the delivery of the entire spectrum of human resource and administrative strategies. A key part of this role will be to provide leadership in change management, organizational development initiatives and ensuring staff motivation by creating a conducive working environment.
- Provide leadership in the development and implementation of human resource strategies, policies and procedures to achieve KPC’s strategic objectives;
- Identify, attract, deploy and retain qualified and skilled personnel;
- Ensure continuous development and maintenance of effective performance management systems;
- Oversee the implementation of the performance management system and ensure that individual and team performance is continuously monitored and measured against realistic but challenging targets aligned to the strategic direction by clearly defining performance measures and indicators, expected timeframe as well as resource requirements;
- Maintain a robust remuneration strategy and appropriate terms and conditions of employment;
- Lead and contribute to the development and implementation of appropriate change management initiatives;
- Ensure efficient and effective administration services including maintenance of KPC’s property,
- offices and provision of transport services.
To be appointed to this role, the successful candidate must be a Kenyan citizen and have;
- Master’s degree in either Human Resource Management, Business Administration, Organizational Development and Management or Labour Management
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences or Human Resource Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in HR if first degree is not in HR management
- Minimum of twelve (12) years relevant experience five (5) of which should be at senior level in a large and complex
- Membership in Institute of Human Resource Management
- Possession of a current Practicing license
- Proficiency in Computer applications
- Fulfills the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya
- Strong leadership skills including effective interpersonal, communication, influencing and negotiation skills and the ability to relate to people from different cultures and backgrounds;
- In depth knowledge of administration and human resources policies, systems and procedures;
- Ability to lead staff, including training and conflict management skills;
- Strong planning and organizational skills;
- In depth understanding of labour laws and other relevant legislation;
- Proven track record and ability to manage change and interpersonal conflict;
- Proficiency in computer applications including computerized HR information systems;
- Ability to deliver the articulated vision for change to staff members e. create a sense of urgency around change and motivate staff to join change efforts;
- Be able to initiate and participate in organizational performance reviews and business process improvement programmes as well as undertake special research aimed at improving organizational effectiveness;
- Ability to take personal responsibility for dealing with employee issues and concerns and making themselves fully available and taking actions beyond normal expectations;
- Ability to maintain professional status and keep abreast of evolving trends in management through continuing professional education programmes;
- Demonstrated ability to deal patiently and sympathetically with people from diverse backgrounds and to develop practical solutions to problems
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to visit the KPC website www.kpc.co.ke under the Career Opportunities section where the Job Descriptions and Specifications as well as the User Manual containing instructions on how to apply for the positions have been posted.
All applications should be received not later than 5.00pm (East African Time) on Tuesday, 21st July 2020.
Kenya Pipeline Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality. Women and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.