Human Resource Management Job Baringo County (2 Posts)
Human Resource Management Director Job, HR Jobs2020,
JG “R”. REF.BCPSB/ 03/ 2020
Duties and responsibilities at this level entail
- Develop, review and ensure implementation of guidelines on establishment and abolition of offices/ posts in the Public Service;
- Develop, review and ensure implementation of guidelines on design of organizational structures in the Public Service;
- Carry out workload analysis to determine optimal staffing levels;
- Monitoring the implementation of organizational structures in the Public Service;
- Develop and harmonize the grading structures and nomenclatures in the Public Service;
- Establishment, maintenance and updating of Staff Establishment Database;
- Develop, review, interpret and ensure implementation of policies, rules, regulations, procedures and strategies on human resource management and development in the Public Service;
- Develop and implement a Human Resource Management and Development masterplan for the Public Service;
- Oversee the development and training of Human resources in the Public Service;
- Management of the Public Service Internship Programme;
- Preparing and presenting the agenda in relevant Board Committees;
- Promote harmonious industrial relations;
- Advise on terms and conditions including retirement benefits in the Public Service;
- Initiate and coordinate research on market labour trends for the Public Service;
- Initiate research and develop strategies for best practices in human resource management and development;
- Process disciplinary and appeals cases from Ministries, Departments, Agencies and Counties;
- Establishing systems for hearing and determining appeals from County Government;
- Ensuring standards for the development and review of career progression guidelines are set and maintained;
- Making recommendations in respect of qualifications of officers in the Public Service;
- Advising on transition issues and relationships between the National and County governments;
- Advising on capacity building needs for County Governments;
- Develop, implement and review policy framework on uniform norms and Standards for the two levels of Government; and
- Develop and implement the Directorate’s annual work plans, budgets, performance contract targets and staff performance appraisal.
- Master’s degree in Human Resources, Business Management, Development, or other related fields;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social sciences
- Higher National Diploma in Human Resources Management
- Professional Certification in Leadership and Management
- Training and thorough knowledge in Job Evaluation Schemes
- At least 15 years’ professional experience in a relevant field, 3 years of which should be in a senior leadership position with demonstrated success in managing multi-disciplinary teams;
- Knowledge of the institutional and legal framework in Kenya, as well as of relevant Public Service transformation programmes;
- Knowledge of labour laws and other related legislation; and
- Member of a relevant Professional body.
Skills and Competencies
- Proven leadership and management skills;
- Ability to think strategically;
- Attention to detail and accuracy;
- Communication, analytical and report writing skills;
- Networking and team management skills;
- Sound judgment and decision-making skills; and
- Creative and innovative skills.
How To Apply
Due to the resurgence of COVID-19, the Board shall not be receiving hard copy applications
by hand delivery, courier or post. In this regard, all written applications accompanied by scanned copies of the following the relevant document listed below should be sent to the board via
not later than 5.00 pm of Tuesday 24th November 2020.
All applications accompanied by scanned copies of relevant academic and professional certificates; a copy of the applicant’s National Identity Card and any other relevant testimonials should be addressed to The Secretary/CEO; Baringo County Public Service Board; Mwalimu Plaza, 2nd Floor, West Wing, P.O. Box 585-30400, Kabarnet, sent by email only. No Hard copies will be received.
All applicants must meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution on Leadership and Integrity and must attach scanned copies of the following Chapter Six compliance clearance certificates: Certificate of Good Conduct from the Criminal Investigations Department (CID); Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB); A Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA); A Certificate from the Ethics and Anti- Corruption Commission (EACC); Certificate of Clearance from any of the recognized Credit References Bureaus in the Country.
All applicants are requested to indicate in the subject line of the email message forwarding
their application letters and documents, the title of the position applied for and BCPSB Reference No.
Baringo County Public Service Board is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified persons including PLWDS are encouraged to apply.