Human Resource Officer at Institute of Human Resource Management
Institute of Human Resource Management (IHRM) is a Statutory body established under the Human Resource Management Professionals (HRMP) Act, No. 52 of 2012. Its mandate is to regulate the HR profession in Kenya, enhance competencies and capabilities while supporting innovative and transformative HR practices and standards.
Grade: IHRM/ 04
Organization: Institute of Human Resource Management
Department: Human Resources & Membership Services
Location / Work Station: IHRM Headquarters with possible travel to other workstations
Reports to: Head of Human Resource & Member Services
Direct reports: N/A
Job Purpose: The job holder will be responsible for recruiting, supporting and developing talent through developing policies and managing procedures. Will also be responsible for administrative tasks and contributing to making the company a better place to work.
Key Responsibilities / Duties / Tasks
- Operational Responsibilities / Tasks
- Be the first point of contact for all HR related queries and concerns.
- Administers various human resource plans and procedures for all company personnel.
- Support the recruitment process of new staff in conjunction with the department heads i.e., processing staff requisitions, interviewing, selection, appointment, induction, documentation,
- reference checking etc.
- Prepare employment contracts and job descriptions for new employees and update the same for existing employees as per details given by the HRM.
- Maintain a suitable filing system and ensure that updated information is included daily.
- Prepare certificate of service for all employees whose employment contracts are terminated promptly at the instruction of the HRM.
- At the instruction of the HRM investigate and prepare reports on all matters involving employee grievances whether collective or individual.
- Receive from all departments written comments on staff attendance, recruitment needed, absenteeism, sickness and accident and report to the HRM
- Process transfer, promotion and confirmation letters for employees as instructed by the HRM and distribute the same to the concerned employees.
- Controlling, administering and authorizing in co-ordination with each departmental head staff annual leaves, sick offs, maternity leaves, and appropriate leave travel allowances is paid.
- Handling disciplinary cases likely to lead to warnings, termination, dismissal and monitoring proper sequence of warnings and other disciplinary standards within the company to ensure consistency and conformity with the Employment Act.
- Ensure a high sense of discipline by staff and ensuring company rules and regulations are adhered to.
- Ensure continuous NSSF, NHIF & PIN registration of new and unregistered employees.
- Ensure all business and statutory licenses for the company are renewed appropriately and safely secured.
- Ensure all employees are properly inducted and trained in all policies, rules and regulations of the company
- Preparation of the payroll for the company ensuring regulatory and legislative compliance
- Maintenance of management information system both manual and computerized filling and achieving all the HR documents and ensure high integrity of personnel data record
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.
- Maintains company organization charts and the employee directory.
- Maintains compliance with government and other state regulations concerning employment.
- Timely preparation of periodic HR reports.
- Carry out clearance of the exiting employees by conducting exit interviews and updating management on the exits.
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills).
- Bachelor’s degree in HRM, Business Administration, Social Studies or relevant field;
- Master’s degree from a recognized institution is an added advantage.
Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies/Chapter Six of the Constitutions
- Higher National Diploma in HRM, CHRP(K) qualification or its equivalents
- Computer proficiency course from a recognized institution; knowledge of HRMIS is a plus
- Member of the Institute of Human Resource Management (IHRM)
- Meets the provisions of Chapter Six of the Constitution
Previous relevant work experience required.
- At least 3 years’ experience as a HR Officer, or similar position with a strong knowledge of HR functions (performance management, pay & benefits, recruitment, training & development etc.) and understanding of employment laws and disciplinary procedures.
- Experience of using MS Dynamics; Experience of working in a membership organization;
- Experience of working in a multi-cultural environment;
- IT proficiency
- Analytical skills
- Business intelligence skills
- Critical thinking.
Behavioural Competencies / Attributes:
- Interpersonal skills
- Leadership/supervisory skills
- Ethics and integrity
- Decision making skills
- Stress management
- Effective verbal and listening skills
- Time Management
Notes: This post will be subject to background checks. A full statement of the main terms and conditions of employment will be supplied with any formal offer of employment. This job description does not form part of your contract of employment.
The post Human Resource Officer at Institute of Human Resource Management appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.