Human Resource Officer at Samburu County
As findings from the shores of Lake Turkana prove, the region has been inhabited since the dawn of the very first humans. In the past few centuries, the land has been roamed by various pastoralist peoples who constantly competed for pasture, water and animals. In 1886, the first Europeans to travel through Samburu County, on their way to Lake Turkana, were the Hungarian Count Samuel Teleki and his Austrian companion Ludwig von HÃ¶hnel who gave the biggest permanent desert lake the name ‘Lake Rudolf’ (after Prince Rudolf, then archduke of the Austria-Hungary Empire). The name stuck until the 1970s, when it was officially renamed Lake Turkana. The next Europeans to follow Teleki and von HÃ¶hnel were big game hunters who set camp at the animal-rich banks of the Ewaso Nyiro. Development Much of the dry vast north has always lagged behind in terms of development, one of the carryover legacies of British administration which shut off the region.
JOB GROUP CBSB 09 (1 POST)
Duties And Responsibilities
Duties and Responsibilities at this Level will entail: –
- Conduct and coordinate recruitment/selection processes including advertisement, position openings, screening applications, assist Departments with scheduling testing, assessment, interviews. Notifying the applicants of selection outcome, conduct employment reference checks and address concerns they may have about selection processes at the County Level.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining job registers by working with Departmental Heads.
- Responsible for comprehensive employee personnel records system for all employees and presenting benefit packages at the County Level.
- Administration of all Human resource matters at the County Level.
- Checking references and conducting background checks and forwarding disciplinary cases to the responsible authorities.
- Providing policy training in conjunction with the County Human Resource Heads.
- Authorizing pay change of station codes and allowances.
- Handling Staff matters such as NSSF, NHIF etc.
- Processing leaves such as compassionate, sick leaves, annual, maternal and paternal leaves.
- Coordinating with other Heads Staff Appraisal
Requirements For Appointment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management from a recognized University in Kenya.
- Full Member of the Institute of Human Resource Managers of Kenya (IHRM)Certificate in Computer Applications from a recognized Institution.
- Have relevant experience of not less than five (5) years in public or private sector.
- Should be a Kenyan Citizen.
- Have demonstrated Managerial, Administrative and Professional Competence.
- Have demonstrated Leadership Skills.
- Satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 on Leadership and Integrity.
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigation
- Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Clearance from the Ethics &Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Clearance from Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable
The post Human Resource Officer at Samburu County appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.