HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICER | ReliefWeb
Windle International Kenya (WIK) is a humanitarian education organization providing education to refugees and needy Kenyans. WIK was founded in 1977 with the belief that good education was essential if Africa was to meet the challenges it faced. We are working with communities in Dadaab, Fafi, Wajir South, Turkana West, Dadaab Refugee Camp, Kakuma Refugee Camp and Kalobeyei Settlement on education projects.
Windle International Kenya is seeking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of a Human Resource Officer based in Kalobeyei.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
The Human Resource Officer supports the promotion of practices that lead to quality productivity and commitment to high performance culture and support the achievement of the organizations objectives
- Setting human resource strategies
- Recruitment and orientation of staff
- Developing policies, standards, and systems
- Training and development
- Maintain records and compile statistical reports concerning personnel-related data
- Facilitate planning and implementation of staff performance appraisals in close collaboration with departmental heads and staff
- Ensure compliance with all applicable national and organizational regulations
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent in human resources or organization development with at least 3 years’ experience
- Membership to the HR Professional practitioners body in Kenya
- Experience in the employment law and administration of benefits, compensation, and other HR remuneration
- Skills in database management and record keeping
- Demonstrated ability to uphold a high level of confidentiality
- Outstanding interpersonal relationship building and employee coaching skills
- Good computer skills in human resources information systems
- Ability to travel and work in unstable and frequently changing security environments
How to apply:
If you wish to apply for this position, please submit your application through our recruitment portal http://uat.erecruitmentwik.org/
Deadline for applications is Friday 13th December 2019.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Windle International – Kenya selection processes reflect our commitment to equal opportunity regardless of one’s gender, disability, religion or ethnic affiliation. We work in schools and are committed to safeguard children from abuse. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.