Human Resources Officer at Kenyatta National Hospital
KNH has turned 115 years and it had its Centenary Celebration in 2001. The Hospital was built to fulfill the role of being a National Referral and Teaching Hospital, as well as to provide medical research environment. Established in 1901 with a bed capacity of 40, KNH became a State Corporation in 1987 with a Board of Management and is at the apex of the referral system in the Health Sector in Kenya. It covers an area of 45.7 hectares and within the KNH complex are College of Health Sciences (University of Nairobi); the Kenya Medical Training College; Kenya Medical Research Institute and National Laboratory Service (Ministry of Health). KNH has 50 wards, 22out-patient clinics, 24 theaters (16 specialized) and Accident &amp; Emergency Department. Out of the total bed capacity of 1800, 209 beds are for the Private Wing.
JOB GRADE KNH8
No of Positions: 5
An officer at this level will be responsible to the Senior Human Resource Officer in provision of Human Resource Services in the Hospital.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinating human resource management activities in such areas as appointment, promotions, compliment control, staff development within the framework of the existing human resource policies and regulations;
- Maintaining of personnel bio-data and ensuring integrity and safety of information;
- Updating staff compliment and establishment;
- Processing employee employment details;
- Participating in preparing KNH’s payroll;
- Preparing retirement notification letters;
- Preparing agenda for various Hospital committees;
- Advising employees on human resource policies and regulations;
- Training and mentoring human resource staff;
- Summarizing application details during the recruitment process; and
- Drafting routine correspondence.
Qualification and Experience;
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following Social Sciences; Human Resource Management, Sociology, Public Administration, Business Administration, Business Management, or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- Diploma in Human Resource Management (HRM) or CHRP Part III.
- Registered with the Institute of Human Resource Management (IHRM).
- Proficiency in computer applications.
- Complied with the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010.
The post Human Resources Officer at Kenyatta National Hospital appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.