Human Resources Officer Job EAC
Human Resources Officer Job, Current HR Jobs In Kenya,
Position: Human Resources Officer (1 Post)
REF No: EAC/HR/2020-21/27
Reports to: Deputy Executive Secretary (Finance and Administration)
Duty Station: Kisumu, Kenya
To develop strategies and systems; promote and manage the implementation of Human Resource Policies, geared towards building capacities of the Commission.
- Facilitate the formulation of HRM and Development Policies and Strategies for the Commission;
- Design and maintain internal personnel and administrative monitoring systems;
- Coordinate the development of job descriptions and specifications for all new jobs in liaison with the relevant officers;
- Design and maintain a Staff performance Appraisal and reward systems;
- Coordinate periodic staff performance appraisals/evaluations;
- Coordinate the process of selection and recruitment of staff in accordance with the established rules, procedure and practices;
- Establish recruitment and placement standard procedures, practice and act as Secretary to the Staff Recruitment Panels;
- Develop staff training programmes that meet Commission’s capacity development objectives in consultation with the respective Heads of Departments;
- Handle Human resources management and development matters relating to terms and conditions of service and discipline, overtime, staff welfare issues including the Staff Medical and Insurance Schemes in conformity with the established Staff Rules and Regulations;
- Manage and direct payroll and records management functions;
- Update and maintain the staff list of the Commission; and
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by Management.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Human Resource Management, Public Administration and Management, Business Administration, Social sciences or equivalent;
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the field of Human Resource Management.
- Post graduate Diploma in HR Management will be an added advantage
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Results oriented person;
- Good analytical and report writing skills and;
- Proficient in the use of computers.
- All candidates applying must have qualifications that are recognized by the relevant national accreditation body in their respective Partner State. This condition is applicable for locally and internationally attained qualifications.
- All professions that require registration with the specific professional bodies will be expected to do so in compliance with the requirements of their respective Partner States.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates who meet the qualification and experience requirements for the above mentioned position are advised to :
- Fill in the application form attached ;
- attach their application letter, a detailed CV, Copies of certified academic certificates, and a copy of National Identity Card or Passport in PDF format scanned in one (1) file.
- Please quote the respective reference number on both the application letter and envelope.
- For electronic submission, please quote the respective reference number on the subject of the email and send to the address given below.
Applications should be submitted to the address below not later than Friday, 21st August 2020.
1. You may submit your application either electronically or in hard copy but not both.
2. Applications which do not :
- have EAC application form;
- indicate nationality and age;
- have the reference number;
- or have an application letter attached;
- have certified copies of their academic degrees and other professional Certificates;
- or fail to provide three referees will be disqualified.
3. Only qualified candidates will be contacted
4. EAC Staff Rules and Regulations preclude considerations of applicants above 55 years of age.
Please note that EAC does not require candidates to pay money for the recruitment process. All invitations for interviews will be done in writing.
A due diligence will be conducted for all successful candidates in respect of their academic certificates (certification by a recognized higher education body in the respective Partner States) and employment records .