Health Management Information Systems Technical Advisor Job, Public Health Kenyan Jobs 2021,
ICAP of Columbia University (registered in Kenya as Center for International Programs-Kenya) is working in partnership with the Ministry of Health to strengthen Public Health Initiatives in Kenya.
Applications are invited for the following fixed term PROJECT RISE POSITIONS
Job Title: Project RISE | Health Management Information Systems Technical Advisor
Overall Job Function:
Reporting to the Country Program Officer, the Health Management Information Systems (HMIS) Technical Advisor will serve as the project point of contact with the NASCOP SI team to develop and upgrade NASCOP enhanced data analysis capability to monitor ARV optimization and patients.
- Develop and/or upgrade a reporting platform that integrates various routine data systems
- Provide ongoing support for the established data management structures, successful retrieval of routine data and data demand and information use
- Develop EDS visualization dashboard on ARV optimization for specific populations like children, women and others as per the national priority
- Develop service provider training tools on EDS
- Collaborate with NASCOP to analyze and determine data relationships and attributes, data flow, and data output and reporting capabilities
- Strengthen Implementing partners, select Counties and health facility capacity to effectively manage the electronic enhanced data analysis system to monitor patients using routine data
- Assist in preparation of budgets, work plans, reports and other technical papers
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Health Informatics, Information Technology, or related technical field. Master’s degree in relevant field will be an added advantage
- 3 years of professional experience with knowledge of ETL and data warehouse concepts and process
- Strong understanding of database structures, theories, principles, and practices is required
- Experience with NASCOP approved EMR and the use of SQL Server, MySQL, and PostgreSQL
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
How to Apply
All applications including a current CV, telephone number and 3 referees (one who should be at least your current/previous supervisor) should be sent to the Country Director, [email protected] on or before September 23rd 2021.