Director of Programs Job, Public Heath Jobs Kenya 2021,
ICAP of Columbia University (registered in Kenya as Center for International Programs-Kenya) is working in partnership with the Ministry of Health to strengthen Public Health Initiatives in Kenya.
Applications are invited for the following fixed term positions.
JOB TITLE: Director of Programs
Overall job function
The Director of Programs is a key member of both Senior Management Team and Technical in-country team with overall responsibility for the planning and implementation of the public health initiatives in Kenya providing leadership and overseeing all technical aspects and capacity building of administrative and health-related professionals within the program.
- Provide leadership and overall support of ICAP program
- Oversee the planning, initiation and implementation of the public health intiative including Acute Febrile Illnesses (AFI) surveillance in multisite health facilities in Kenya and monitoring teams working to implement hospital-based sentinel surveillance system for AFIs
- Provide technical support and supervision to ICAP supported MoH and County health facilities
- Liaise with government partners, donors and other stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree in medicine, Diploma in Clinical Medicine, Higher Diploma Epidemiology and Research
- Master’s in public health an added advantage
- At least 10 years’ experience in Public Health Program planning, technical assist and Project Management.
- 10 years’ experience managing USG and donor driven projects
- Familiarity with Ministry of Health initiatives
- Capacity to oversee the development and implementation of project work plans including managing, monitoring and evaluation project activities
- Strong management, supervisory and interpersonal skills
- An excellent communicator and team coordinator
How to Apply
All applications including a current CV, telephone number and 3 referees (one who should be at least your current/previous supervisor) should be sent to the Country Director, [email protected] on or before September 23rd 2021.