Systems Programmer Job, Latest IT Kenyan Jobs 2021,
ICAP of Columbia University (registered in Kenya as Center for International Programs-Kenya) is working in partnership with the Ministry of Health to strengthen Public Health Initiatives in Kenya.
Applications are invited for the following fixed term PROJECT RISE POSITIONS
Job Title: Systems Programmer
Overall Job Function:
Working under the overall guidance of the M&E Advisor, the Systems Programmer will report to the Senior Data Manager to provide technical support in system development, setup, testing, implementation, maintenance of a robust interoperable system for hospital-based sentinel surveillance system for AFIs.
- Support software design, development, implementation & maintenance using cut edge technologies
- Support SQL Database Administration (MySQL, SQL Server)
- Testing and modifying systems to ensure that they operate reliably
- Development of user friendly Electronic MoH reporting modules in OpenMRS
- Development of user friendly clinical reports (defaulter list, client treatment failure list, client VL alerts etc) in OpenMRS to enhance patient management
- Develop an Interoperability OpenMRS module with capability to communicate with the other EMR system in the referral hospital
- Develop a system manuals and SOPs for end users
- Interact with internal and external stakeholders to analyze and document system requirements
- Work with relevant EMR stakeholders in eHealth project implementation and co-ordination at the county level
- Interact with internal and external users to analyze, document & responding to feedback system requirements
- Investigate, escalate and resolve EMR issues and provide first level support, troubleshooting and system testing
- Capacity build & train hospital staff & program staff to optimally operating existing EMR and required information systems
- Assist in continuous improvement of eHealth/mHealth solutions primarily through keen and active monitoring and evaluation of user experience, and providing thorough and prompt feedback of the same to the team.
- Participate in ensuring conducting electronic DQA to improve data quality and data integrity in the electronic systems
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Health Records and Information Technology, Statistics or relevant field
- Experience in SQL database design and administration, server setup and maintenance (including networking and computer hardware maintenance)
- Experience in Electronic Medical Records (C-PAD/OpenMRS/KenyaEMR/IQCare) system development and/or implementation will be an added advantage.
- Experience and knowledge in the MOH M&E tools will be an added advantage
- Ability to plan and manage simultaneous competing priorities with little
How to Apply
All applications including a current CV, telephone number and 3 referees (one who should be at least your current/previous supervisor) should be sent to the Country Director, [email protected] on or before September 23rd 2021.