ICT Officer Jobs, IT Jobs 2020, Kisumu County Jobs,
- Ensure availability of internet/WAN link continuously in all county headquarters and subcounty offices;
- Ensure records are kept detailing all the addressing schemes (naming convention, IP addressing and sub net masking)
- Monitoring, diagnosing and troubleshooting the computer network backbone which includes network switching systems and servers, organizational data and information, telephone communication systems and intelligent terminal equipment;
- Providing monitoring and primary response and intervention for information technology related security incidents and violations;
- Maintains technologies (including active directory, group policy etc) to ensure server security; conducts research on server hardware, software and protocols in support of procurement and development efforts and provides recommendations;
- Conducts problem analysis of server software and hardware problems, finding the resolution of server related software problems, local area network server installation and configuration;
- Source/provide specification for additional ICT equipment;
- Provide 99% availability of internet access, email, application systems and WAN links;
- Monitor and ensure implementation of internet access SLA on a continuous basis;
- Administer domain controllers and Microsoft exchange server;
- Carry out server administration for security related servers like DHCP, Proxy, DNS and SMTP;
- Configuring and installing of new servers to the network;
- Ensure strong passwords are set and changed regularly on the network;
- Implement the policies for the use of the computer system and network;
- Research, planning, installing, configuring, troubleshooting, maintaining and upgrading hardware and software interfaces with the operating system;
- Ensure the implementation of annual maintenance plans for ICT equipment as scheduled to minimize ICT systems downtime;
- Administration of disaster recovery processes;
- Providing monitoring and primary response and intervention for server related security incidents and violations.
- Any other lawful duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- A Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems or other ICT related disciplines from a recognized Institution;
- At least one (1) year post graduation experience.
- Satisfy the requirements of chapter six of the constitution of Kenya on leadership and integrity
How To Apply
The candidate should apply by downloading and filling application for employment form available on our website. All dully filled forms should be signed, scanned and sent in pdf format to [email protected] by 22nd May 2020. Do not attach copies of Certificates.
Please note that the Board will NOT receive applications in hard copies as a result of measures put in place by the Government of Kenya to limit the spread of COVID-19.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The County Government of Kisumu is an equal opportunity employer.
Women, the youth and persons with disabilities who meet the specified requirements are encouraged to apply and indicate so in their applications.