Jun 7, 2017
quality service and maintaining high standards of health care, and with
passion we deliver health care.
Reports to: ICT Officer
- Install new software and hardware.
- Secure security code and ensure the safe set up of new equipment.
- Set up equipment such as laptops, data projectors, interactive whiteboards, sound systems and other specialist ICT equipment, ensuring that systems are ready for use and operating correctly.
- Deliver hardware and resources to work areas as required.
- Assist in creating a structured approach to rolling out hardware or software, including procurement, testing and assessing the needs of user training.
- Perform basic diagnostic routines and providing immediate solution to the same.
- Work to and give guidance to others on the ICT acceptable use policy.
- Perform checks to ensure that broadband connectivity is maintained.
- Perform networking and troubleshooting network clogs to various departments.
- Develop a maintenance schedule for all computer hardware, software and networks, and ensure that it is followed.
- Manage the structure of the Institution intranet and internal systems and contribute to their development of other learning solutions in line with institution guidance.
- Support the implementation of MIS solutions as required.
- Detect, diagnose and resolve most PC, printer and peripheral device faults.
- Maintain electronic mail accounts and implement where appropriate.
- Ensure institution policy on staff access to data and files is implemented.
- Provide advice, guidance and assistance to other members of staff on developing their use of ICT materials in the institution.
- Identify software, hardware and working practices required to fulfill the functional specification as defined by institution policies.
- Assist in planning and implementing changes to elements of the ICT service as required.
- Take overall responsibility for the promotion and observance of a safe working environment in the specialist work area including risk assessments, review of safety procedures and distribution of safety information for all personnel using specialist work areas – including cleaners, where appropriate.
- Ensure routine safety checks, including electrical tests, are carried out and appropriate records maintained.
- Ensure the safe disposal of obsolete equipment, used consumables and waste materials in line with recognized procedures and legal requirements.
- Maintain an up‐to‐date inventory of ICT software and licenses in institution.
- Be responsible for an efficient stock control system and associated records. Order equipment and supplies to secure best value for goods and services.
- Receive and check deliveries and associated invoices, notify the appropriate person of discrepancies. 4. Support the full range of financial planning for ICT, including purchase of larger items and help to estimate future budget requirements.
- Provide management information as required.
- To actively promote the equalities and diversity agenda in the workplace and in service delivery.
- To be familiar with customer care, data protection and health and safety policies and raise awareness amongst staff.
- To improve one’s own practice through training observation, discussion with colleagues and performance management.
- To keep abreast of current hardware and software developments and provide advice on the best product for a given task.
- To attend and participate in meetings within the institution as required.
- To work flexibly and undertake other duties of an equivalent nature that may be required by the head of the department from time to time.
- Must be a holder of a Diploma in ICT or Degree in Computer Science and or relevant field.
- Proven experience as IT Technician or relevant position.
- Excellent diagnostic and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication ability.
- Outstanding organizational and time-management skills.
- In depth understanding of diverse computer systems and networks.
- Good knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles.
- Must be conversant with windows XP, windows 7 and above and able to work in Linux Operating systems.
- Have knowledge on Windows 2008 server troubleshooting and configurations.
- Certification as IT Technician will be an added advantage (e.g. CISCO Networking, Microsoft Certified IT Professional etc.)
you consider yourself Fit for any of the positions kindly send your
applications detailing current and expected salary and a CV with contact
details of three referees to:
St. Theresa’s Mission Hospital,
P.O. Box 2095-60200