IDLO Job Vacancy : Team Leader
Welcome to JobwebKenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
The International Development Law Organization (IDLO) enables governments and empowers people to reform laws and strengthen institutions to promote peace, justice, sustainable development and economic opportunity. We contribute to creating stable and inclusive societies where every person can live free from fear and want, in dignity and under the rule of law.
- Conduct an in-depth desk review of relevant Kenyan national strategies, and project documents and reports;
- Reconstruct the Theory of Change (if relevant) and develop the EQs and potential Outcomes;
- Elaborate the methodological approaches (Theory of Change and Outcome Harvesting) and tools to capture data, in line with the expected evaluation results;
- Organize and manage data collection and validation with the Junior Evaluation consultant, administering it with project staff, partners, and other stakeholders relevant for the evaluation’s scope.
The Contractor will undertake in-depth analytical work to produce the draft and final version of all evaluation report and deliverables including the following:
- The Inception Note: Include the overall background of the project, the reconstructed Theory of Change (ToC), the preliminary list of Evaluation Questions, potential outcomes of the project and its contribution towards those outcomes, the data collection approach, and the list of key informants;
- Validation exercise/workshop: Conduct one or more participatory exercises with project stakeholders to validate the ToC, Outcome descriptions, and develop the recommendations;
- Draft Evaluation Report: Including: (a) a concise, coherent Draft Evaluation Report of no more than 20 pages excluding annexes; and (b) one-page Evaluation Findings Executive
- Final Evaluation Report: Finalized evaluation report of no more than 20 pages (excluding annexes); and
- Presentation: A short presentation to donor and IDLO on outcome findings, insights into contribution pathways, etc.
Education and Work experience
- Advanced university degree in Evaluation, Social Sciences, Political Science, International Development, Law or related field.
- Over ten years of professional experience relevant to this assignment, within the field of international development cooperation.
- A strong track record in Team Leadership for development assistance evaluations.
- Experience in designing and conducting Outcome Harvests (OH) of development programming (with a preference for OH of governance programmes).
- Professional experience with Project Cycle Management, Logical Framework approaches, and with quality assurance within international development evaluations.
- An understanding of the Kenyan legal context and the response mechanism in place to address Electoral Dispute Resolution would be an added advantage.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of evaluation methodology for development assistance projects and programs with specific experience in evaluation methods and tools (including Outcome harvesting);
- Sound knowledge of developing qualitative and quantitative (proxy) indicators;
- Relevant experience with survey techniques, focus groups and other participatory methods;
- Strong knowledge of quantitative and qualitative data collection methods;
- Strong analytical, writing and editing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team;
- Capacity to work in a multicultural environment;
- Cultural and political sensitivity.
Terms And Conditions
Tentative timeframe: The consultancy is expected to start in December 2018 and include approximately 10 days for data collection in Nairobi (Kenya). The inception note is expected by end of January 2019, and the draft evaluation report is expected by mid-March 2019. This is a result-based assignment where payments will be made in relation to the submitted deliverables.
The estimated number of workdays to conduct this assignment is 35.
All interested applicants are encouraged to apply via our website http://www.idlo.int/jobs and submit the completed IDLO Personal History Form (PHF), resume and cover letter.
IDLO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in all areas of its operations. We welcome and encourage diverse applications.
Disclaimer And Closing Date
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the Contractor assigned to this work. This may not be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. The Director-General of IDLO reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities or even to cancel the recruitment to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Application deadline is 12 December 2018.