IM Shared Service Centre Team Leader at Medair
Medair is a humanitarian organisation inspired by Christian faith to relieve human suffering in some of the world’s most remote and devastated places. We bring relief and recovery to people in crisis, regardless of race, creed or nationality. As signatories of the International Committee of the Red Cross Code of Conduct, we believe that aid should be given to everyone who is in need, and not be used to further a particular political, social, or religious viewpoint. Our first and last considerations are the needs of the people we serve. We save lives in emergencies and then stay to help people recover from crisis with dignity-working side by side with communities to leave a lasting impact. We do whatever it takes to bring relief where it’s needed most. We provide a range of emergency relief and recovery services: Health care and nutrition.
Lead a geographically disbursed team of Information Management (IM) Officers to oversee their contribution to Medair’s Global IM activities. The role will work closely with the IMpact Project Manager to ensure implementation of newly developed tools across all of Medair’s country programs. The IM-SSC Team Leader will actively integrate and collaborate with Medair IM focal points in all Medair Country Programs; managing client relationships, scoping, consulting and IM tool implementation. The job holder will ideally have a strong background managing IT Projects and ideally will also have experience working in the Humanitarian or Development sectors – with all of the understanding of the difficulty of working in conflict and natural disaster situations.
- Degree in Informatics, Computer Science, Information Systems or related field.
- Knowledge or certifications of Qlik, DHIS2, ArcGIS, ODK is a strong advantage.
- Strong working knowledge of English (spoken and written). French desirable.
- 2 years’ IT Project Management experience is desirable.
- 3 years’ experience in applications development, information management, business intelligence.
- Experience working in Agile teams preferred. Experience building and managing a remote team of people. Knowledge and experience of change management.
- Humanitarian knowledge of best practice in the field is an advantage – Medair experience is preferred.
- Solid understanding and experience with data modelling, data architecture, data protection and retention, and other information management disciplines to support a global organization.
- Strong planning and analytical skills. Experience in database management and mobile technologies.
The post IM Shared Service Centre Team Leader at Medair appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – https://jobcenterkenya.com/.