PR & Communication Officer Job, Communication Jobs In Kenya 2021,
Public Relations & Communication Officer – IMA/CC/21/006
Open From : Jul 27th, 2021
Close Date : Aug 9th, 2021
Head of Business Development
Summary of the Job
The PR & Communication Officer coordinates and facilitates internal and external PR and communication activities on the operational level and advises on the tactical level, with the goal to strengthen the Sacco’s position in the Market. He/she monitors and responds to relevant market developments and advises the Head of Business and Marketing to reposition the Sacco in the Sector.
The incumbent shall be tasked with the following responsibilities:
- Develop, execute, and manage a communication strategy for transforming Imarisha Sacco.
- Monitors the overall image of Imarisha Sacco and is the first contact and knowledge base internally and externally regarding all communication issues;
- Coordinates and facilitates ongoing internal and external PR and communication activities;
- Develops activities that lead to brand awareness
- Participates in building and maintaining a network of relations within the Sacco Sector and key stakeholders.
- Ensures that the Sacco image is aligned to its overall objectives.
- Evaluates, creates and/or updates communication materials (internal/external, print and electronic): writing articles, brochures, flyers, website content etc.;
- Responsible for the review and updating of the Sacco websites
- Align efforts of all stakeholders to accurately and appropriately communicate developments of the organization that is consistent with Imarisha Sacco’s Shared Values, Process, and mission.
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with key stakeholders
- Prepare and submit an annual communications operational budget to the Head of Business Development and marketing for review and onward submission to the CEO for approval, manage effectively within this budget, and report accurately on progress made and challenges encountered.
- Provide communications leadership and input for all strategic planning processes
- Continuously monitor, measure, and improve the effectiveness of communication initiatives.
- Effectively manage the social media platform to leverage and promote Imarisha Sacco business.
- Collaborate with staff and partners in developing and executing communication strategies.
- Coordinates the development, publication and distribution of Imarisha Sacco magazine
- Any other duties as maybe assigned
- A bachelor’s degree BSc/BA in administration, Public Relations & Communication, Customer Service, or a related field.
- Proven experience as a Public Relations & Customer Relationship Officer or similar role
- Knowledge of customer relationship management (CRM) practices
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Minimum of KCSE Grade C+
- Must be aged between 21-45 years
Minimum Years of Working Experience : 2
Minimum Education Level : Undergraduate
How to Apply