Infection Control Nurse at Life Care Hospitals
We are a panel of finest international and nationwide healthcare experts who have come together to launch state-of-art healthcare facilities in Kenya. Our Values All the operations at Lifecare Kenya Ltd are guided by our deeply ingrained core values. Every staff member is expected to abide by and operate under the guidance of the following values: Provision of medical services that are of high quality, appropriate, easily accessible, affordable and effective. Commitment to provide superior healthcare in a compassionate manner, ever mindful of each patient’s dignity,privacy and individuality. Complete focus on growth with integrity- both for ourselves and those we serve, through a commitment to exceptional services and innovative solutions by investing in dynamic and dedicated team members and systems. Our commitment is manifested in fast, targeted and efficient medical services to our clientele. We listen to our clients. By understanding the client’s objectives and needs, we provide value added services and personalized healthcare solutions to corporates. We identify client needs and improvise to introduce new departments/services/personnel in order to offer tailor-made healthcare solutions and to continuously meet the changing and improved standards of global healthcare sector. We employ fully qualified personnel only with professional skills, and openly share these qualifications and skills with our clients. To ensure timely and correct diagnosis during a patient’s visit,we have equipped various departments with ultra modern equipment and we persevere to continuously update our existing gear and introduce new technology. We utilize cutting edge real time internal IT system solutions for seamless movement of samples,medicine procurement and zero-delay report generation. We build long-term relationships with our clients and other service providers. In every relationship we observe honesty and integrity. CSR In order to bring clarity to its position vis?a??vis social activities, the company wishes to formally communicate its position as a member of the community and establish for both internal and external stakeholders, its philosophy, guiding principles and areas of focus that it would as an organization seek to promote in the arena of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR). This endeavour is in keeping with the current maturity of the organization and is expected to evolve with the growth of the organization, dynamic needs of society and the community in which the company operates. This endeavour is a forward?looking aspiration, which is established on the parameters and foundation upon which the Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives would be built: under the leadership and direction of the Company’s Board with active participation of its senior leadership and all employees and in partnership under a spirit of “togetherness” with any such partner who shares a common vision and objective of making a positive impact on society, and wishing to leave this world and humanity in a better place than the one we inherited.
- Promote the mission, vision, and values of the organization.
- Will be required to establish standard methods of care, utilizing evidence based practice and best practice standards.
- Will be required to establish and implement infection control and employee health orientation programs, alongside the departmental heads, throughout the facility.
- Responsible for policies and procedures within the organization related to infection control and employee health.
- Participates as an integral team member, collaborating with various departments and colleagues, including Safety Officer, Human Resources, Quality Officer and others as needed to advocate for employee health and safety and ensure adherence to infection control standards
- Coordinates the development and implementation of all employee health initiatives and programs (staff Immunization).
- Will be responsible for staff vaccination processes, management of potential blood exposures, needle stick injuries and disease outbreaks.
- Responsible for coordinating the infection control program which includes surveillance; analysis of data; developing reports, policies and procedures.
- Use epidemiological principles and statistical methods to design, implement and evaluate infection prevention and control strategies.
- Provides consultation and education to staff, physicians and community leaders in respect to Infection Prevention & Control.
- Coordinate with the Infection Prevention and Control Committee to determine the direction of surveillance activities and actively evaluate effectiveness of the Infection Prevention and Control Plan annually.
- Conduct risk assessments at least annually and as needed with consideration of served populations, regional vulnerabilities, relevant statistical data, and new and emerging infectious diseases.
- Notify any reportable diseases, adhering to all internal county and state procedures.
- Develop and implement continuously improved patient care procedures and control mechanisms relating to quality, compliance and infectious diseases.
- Participate in infection prevention and control education of all employees during orientation and annually thereafter, including classes in infection prevention and control practices and employee health.
- Ensure the infection prevention and control procedures meet set regulations, standards or guidelines.
- Organize Infection Prevention and Control Committee meetings and maintain all meeting minutes. Directing or assisting with the care and handling of all supplies, equipment and instruments, their economic and efficient function for other patient and personnel under both normal and hazardous conditions
- Participating in continuing education programs directed towards personal and professional growth and development- to attain 40 hours of Continuous Professional Points in the year
- Utilizing available resources, effectively to ensure quality service delivery, profitability, and cost-containment.
- Promoting good interpersonal relationship amongst the nursing team, patients and other disciplines.
- Participating in professional organization and research activities which support and enhance nursing practice
- Upholding statutory regulations as required by the nursing profession and the laws of Kenya.
- Maintaining and regularly updating own professional knowledge and competence through education, research findings and self-motivated learning.
- Timely intimation for referral and consultant review.
- Proper grooming including wearing uniforms, staff IDs and general attire.
- Taking care of patients in good attitude.
- Error free system entries.
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
The post Infection Control Nurse at Life Care Hospitals appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – https://jobcenterkenya.com/.