Infectious Disease Specialist at Kenyatta International Convention Centre
Kenyatta International Convention Centre (KICC) is a State Corporation established under the Tourism Act 2011 whose objective and purpose is to promote the business of Meetings, Incentives travel, Conferences and Exhibitions also known as MICE. KICC is the largest Convention centre in Eastern Africa with the capacity to hold a large number of delegates. Our largest room, The Tsavo ballroom has the capacity to host over 4000 delegates. KICC boasts of state of the art all round facilities such as simultaneous interpretation Equipment (SIE) with the capability of translating upto 7 languages, a modern business center, banking facility, Expansive grounds, ample and secure parking.
For those applying for the positions below, kindly indicate the code: KNH/NAIROBI 2020.
RE-ADVERTISEMENT- MEDICAL SPECIALIST II, (INFECTIOUS DISEASES), JOB GROUP K4 (1 POST)
Reporting to the Chief Medical Specialist/Head of Department, the Medical Specialist II (Infectious Diseases) will be expected to take full responsibility for patients under his/her care.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviewing patients and instructing in writing all the recommendations;
- Reviewing patients in IDU (Infectious Diseases Unit) and in various critical care areas.
- Conducting major ward rounds and post admission rounds in the attached
- Conducting weekly
- Conducting research and clinical
- Training, supervising and mentoring Medical Officers, Medical Interns and other students.
- Undertaking medico-legal
- Undertaking medical examinations and preparing Medical Board Proceedings;
- Ensuring data and information is collected, transmitted and utilized to benefit of the customer and service
- Conducting disease surveillance, prevention and
- Carrying out health education and
- Preparing medical
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Internal Medicine from the University of Nairobi or any other Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentist Board (KMPDB) recognized
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBChB) degree from a recognized institution by the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists
- Specialist recognition in Internal Medicine from Kenya Medical Practitioners’ and Dentist
- Fellowship/Certificate or proven interest in infectious diseases sub-speciality.
- Registration Certificate by the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board.
- Retention in the Medical Practitioners and Dentist Board
- Professional Indemnity
- Evidence in knowledge and proficiency in computer
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya,
The post Infectious Disease Specialist at Kenyatta International Convention Centre appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.