Information Security Officer -Kenyan National Hire
Job Title: Information Security Officer (ISO)
Grade: 8 (N)
Department: Information Technology (IT)
This position is primarily responsible for development, adoption, implementation and enforcement of information security policies, procedures and standards; ensuring compliance with the organizational IT security framework; regular monitoring and network vulnerability scanning; internal IT security audit; cyber risk mitigation and internal cyber staff cyber security best practices training. The position requires flexibility, initiative and confidence in dealing with different types of complex systems, network, software, equipment and more importantly, different types of people.
These positions report directly to the IT Manager
Achieves and maintains a thorough knowledge and adherence to established RSC Africa, CWS/IRP, DOS/PRM and USCIS policies and procedures regarding ICT systems management for RSC Africa
Ensures that all CWS Africa ICT systems, data and network are secured according to the organizational defined policies, Integrity and Compliance Manual, PRM NOFO IT security requirements and the National Institute of Standards Technology (NIST) moderate controls
Ensures consistent implementation of the NIST security framework and enforces related security policies and procedures
Conducts Annual internal IT security Audit/Assessment against the NIST security framework; including a risk assessment and budget estimation for risk mitigation and treatment; and ensuring compliance with all the regulatory controls
Creates and maintains all systems security documentation, standard operating procedures, and manuals
Provides input and recommendation to IT management on systems security updates and trends
Advises the CWS Africa leadership on key IT security areas including; risk management, legal and regulatory compliance and policy in all countries of operation; and oversees ongoing risk identification, remediation, compliance and vendor risk
Leads cyber incident response and collaborates with the organization to improve processes
Liaises with RPC and CWS HQ IT security personnel on any security related matters or incidents
Serves as an SME (Subject Matter Expert) and provides information security mentoring and training to CWS Africa IT and other staff as appropriate
Leads vendor risk management responds to outside vendor requests for information regarding policies, standards, questionnaires and baselines and provides status reporting and metrics
Assists the Training unit with the development and implementation of security training, awareness and progress programs to educate the organization’s employees regarding information security requirements and initiatives
Works with all IT Staff in systems configuration management, changes, updates and daily monitoring and reporting as required by IT management; Provides IT security related assistance and oversight to IT Officers in South Africa and Tanzania offices
Resolves all IT security related requests escalated from the helpdesk
Performs other duties assigned by the IT Manager when necessary
Bachelor’s degree in IT field is required; A Master’s degree is preferred.
Other advanced professional training in IT Security is required (CISSP, GIAC, CISA, CISM) related or equivalent.
- 5 years of paid IT work experience is required.
- 3 years of experience in IT Security is required.
- 2 years’ experience in managing, securing, maintaining and design of computer systems, preferably Windows based, is preferred.
- Experience in managing major IT projects is preferred.
Knowledge / Skills:
- Proven information system risk and security framework management
- Information system security auditing strong skills
- Strong, up-to-date knowledge in systems security in a large network environment
- Strong Knowledge in intrusion prevention and detection systems (Cisco Firepower or any other)
- Strong Knowledge in data leak, loss and encryption methods (McAfee or any other)
- Strong working knowledge in networking (LAN, WLAN and VPN), especially with Cisco managed devices (Firewalls, Routers and switches)
- Thorough knowledge of computer licensing and legal requirements
- Strong knowledge in domain management and Active directory services.
- Knowledge in Microsoft 365 Azure compliance and security controls
- Strong knowledge and skills in Windows server 2016 and above administration
- Strong knowledge and working experience with administration of database systems, especially MS SQL Server**
- Through knowledge of TCP/IP Architecture and OSI Model.
- Knowledge in Linux servers administration is a plus
- Troubleshooting and problems solving skills in a Windows based environment is a plus
- Knowledge in software development languages (PHP, Java, C# and other scripting skills) and software design is a plus
The ISO must have the ability to:
- discuss technical information with users of diverse technical levels and discern their needs;
· facilitate and negotiate;
· communicate technical reports effectively at any level;
· communicate effectively both verbally and in writing;
· follow instructions from the Supervisor with a positive and receptive attitude;
· deal effectively and courteously with a large number of associates, outside agencies, refugees and members of the general public;
· conduct oneself in a professional and courteous manner to represent the best interests of RSC Africa and CWS/IRP;
· maintain a high performance standard with attention to detail;
· carry out all of the duties of the position efficiently and effectively with minimal supervision;
· work independently and contribute to overall operations at management level;
· take initiative in the development and completion of projects;
· lead others and address issues as they arise;
· maintain strict confidentiality with RSC Africa administrative and operational information;
· manage a large and diverse workload under pressure with competing priorities;
· analyze and solve complex problems;
· work well as a team in a multi-cultural environment while maintaining a high level of motivation;
· effectively manage RSC Africa’s resources;
· actively participate in the implementation of the U.S. Government Operational Refugee Processing Program in Africa
Physical: This position requires bending, squatting, climbing, sitting, standing, walking, pushing/pulling, handling objects (manual dexterity), reaching above shoulder level, using fine finger movements and lifting/carrying moderate loads.
Environmental: Incumbents in this position will be exposed to marked changes in temperature and/or humidity, dust.
Certificate of Good Conduct is required before the start of employment.
How to apply
Click on CWS careers site – https://cws-careers.vibehcm.com