inSupply Operations and Administration Officer
inSupply Health is an independent, regional advisory firm based in Nairobi that is pioneering new approaches to improve public health supply chains in East Africa. Drawing on the experience of our John Snow Inc. (JSI) affiliation, our dynamic team of local consultants works closely with public and private sector clients to design optimized, customized and resilient supply chain systems. inSupply deploys systems that deliver essential health products such as antimalarial and HIV medications, vaccines and contraceptives in complex settings. We take proven methodologies from the commercial sector and adapt them to local conditions. We involve our clients closely in shaping their supply chains so they can own, implement and continuously improve their systems over the long term. We specialize in: developing supply chain maturity strategies, building organizational capacity for supply chains, designing and implementing data-driven, optimized supply chain systems and quantifying health commodity needs. inSupply doesn’t just help our clients select the right technology for better supply chain management. We also invest in people and processes, helping to build a culture of data use and continuous improvement.
Who we are looking for:
inSupply seeks to recruit individuals who are passionate, knowledgeable and experienced administrative work and have basic financial skills. The company is looking for people who are excited about the opportunity to work improving public health supply chains in East Africa. The successful candidate’s assignment will involve office management, support in procurement, Logistics and travel arrangements and other administrative work.
Responsibilities (not limited to the following):
▪ Organizing meetings, conferences and other office events, taking minutes during meetings and distributing them efficiently to concerned members.
▪ Organizing travel arrangements for both local and international Staff-Flight bookings, Hotel Bookings and Ground transportation.
▪ Facility management, telecommunications, general maintenance/repairs, central services, mailroom operations, central filing, telephone/public reception
▪ Getting quotations, negotiating and procuring goods (Logistics and IT) and any other purchases needed for Kenya office and supporting any other JSI office.
▪ Provide local costs inputs for budget proposals.
▪ Draft RFPs and Contracts for goods and services providers.
▪ Accounting for usage and regular supplies of stationery, fuel, motor vehicles etc.; and coordinate drivers’ activities.
▪ Maintaining the accounts for all suppliers and efficient processing of supplier invoices and ensuring that suppliers are promptly paid.
▪ Managing office asset inventory and maintain the inventory list up-to-date.
Essential skills and Qualifications:
● Kenyan national with fluency in English and Swahili required;
● Bachelors degree in Business Administration or other relevant field of study from a recognized university or college.
● Efficiency with use of (Microsoft Office; Word, Excel and PowerPoint) is essential.
● At least 3 years’ proven experience in as an administrative, procurement and operations role.
● Good interpersonal skills; ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity