Integration Director, Western Kenya – Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Activities (WASH)
Winrock is seeking Integration Director candidates for an anticipated USAID-funded Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH)project in Kenya. The project will apply a facilitative approach, working across government, private sector, and civil society, to strengthen availability, accessibility and reliability of WASH services. The project will foster close alliances with county governments and build their capacity for service delivery and regulation, while applying a market-driven lens to support private sector WASH service and equipment providers to deliver services to communities in Kenya. This position is contingent on receipt of donor funding.
- Manage the relations with other USAID activities, international donors, national institutions, various levels and divisions of government, and other important actors as they become apparent.
- work under the direction of the COP to leverage resources and technical expertise of the team, the Kenyan WASH sector, and other regional actors concerned with improving sustainable access to improve WASH services in Kenya as well a
- Assist the COP in assuring coordination between technical activities.
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of and changing complex network of actors, institutions, organizations, and donors and their relationships
QUALIFICATIONS AND BACKGROUND:
- Master’s degree required in relevant fields of study related to the sector of the project, including but not limited to business, international development, public administration/policy, water resources management, and Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH), value chain development
- Minimum of 8 years of practical experience in facilitating integration and leveraging funds at both the field and managerial levels of a project.
- Familiarity with the international donor landscape and Kenyan legal landscape, especially in the WASH sector.
- Proven ability to develop and communicate a common vision among diverse public and private partners and the ability to lead multi-disciplinary teams.
- Experience integrating Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI) into water security and livelihoods programming.
- Technical understanding of water resource management and sanitation.
- Knowledge of the political, social, cultural, environmental, and development context of Kenya strongly preferred.
- Ability to build coalitions and networks that can provide synergies and sustainable solutions for the project.
- Strong communication skills, both interpersonal and written, to fulfill the diverse technical and managerial requirements of the initiative and to effectively coordinate with a wide range of regional stakeholders.
- Fluency in English and Swahili required
*Please note that all CVs must be submitted in English.
Winrock is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and value diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law.
How to apply
Qualified candidates are asked to submit their CV and cover via the Winrock careers page at: https://www.winrock.org/join-us/careers/job-openings/?gh_jid=4777100002&…