Internal Auditor Job. EPZ – Career Point Kenya
Internal Auditor Jobs, Audit Jobs, EPZA Jobs
Job Title: Internal Auditor
Current Grade: EPZA7
Ministry /Corporation: EPZA
Department: Internal Audit
Location / Work station: EPZA Head Office, with considerable travel to other EPZA branches
Responsible for conducting internal audits related to operations/processes and applications that support organizational functions. Provide advice on measures appropriate for gaps identified from systems audit findings
Operational Responsibilities / Tasks
- Conduct information systems audit engagements including testing and evaluation programs, quality assurance, and reporting of audit results
- Assist in conducting continuous risk assessment of organization’s information technology environment including general system controls, infrastructure controls, and application controls
- Support the financial and operational auditors in identifying high level information system risks, as well as designing and building automation tools for use by the audit department
- Assist in implementing new technologies and business applications by offering risk and control consulting and advice to management
- Assist in partnering with external consultants in certain areas to ensure quality audit approach, achievement of set audit objectives and completion within agreed schedule
- Assist in preparing reports and analyses that communicate audit results for the relevant business conditions and business risks/controls
- Recommend appropriate technical measures and solutions for gaps identified in the systems audits.
- Prepare progress and annual reports showing achievement of the unit and provide justification for performance variances
- Bachelor of Commerce, Economics, Mathematics of Equivalent or Bachelor of Science – Engineering from a recognized university;
Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies
- Registered Engineer or Accountant with good standing
- Meets the provisions of chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010.
Previous relevant work experience required
- Direct entry for degree holders or 6 years serving experience for diploma in accounts/ CPA(K) holders
Salary Scale for the position
Minimum basic Salary Kshs 41,770.00 Maximum basic salary Kshs 73,952.00
Total allowances 40,500.00
The successful candidate will enter the scale at a basic salary of Kshs 41,770.00
How To Apply
Shortlisted candidates for interviews must fulfil the following requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya.
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations.
- Clearance/Compliance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Tax compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority
- Clearance from the Ethics & Anti-corruption Authority (EACC)
- Clearance from Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Suitably qualified candidates should apply in confidence and can access the detailed job description and the Job Application Form (to be downloaded from the “careers” section at www.epzakenya.com) and send to email@example.com attaching copies of certificates, relevant testimonial and National ID.
All applications should be sent online in pdf format and should be received not later than 26th August 2019 at midnight East Africa time.
Export Processing Zones Authority is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality. Women and persons with disability are encouraged to apply. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.